hachi (8)

Naruto woke up feeling extremely happy. It had been a week since that night. Of course stuff like that had continued, but they hadn't taken the big step yet. He wondered where Sasuke was, his part of the bed looked slept in, but the dark haired boy wasn't here or in his room. He waned to pee real badly too.

Then the door opened and Sasuke stepped in, still in his blue pajamas. The dark haired boy smiled and picked Naruto up. "I'm sorry I wasn't here when you woke up."

"Nah, it's ok."

They followed the routine which they had. Soon they were found sitting at the dining table, eating a breakfast of egg sandwiches. Then Sasuke glanced at the blond. "Naruto...I'll be going to school tomorrow."

Naruto's face fell a little. "I know...but Kyuubi nii-san did say he'll be sending a nurse over to take care of me. I'm sure I'll have enough company until you get back...and since we're keeping Chocolate, don't worry about me getting bored."

Sasuke nodded. "Yeah, I guess you won't be bored then. Hey...did you know that this old friend of mine, Gaara is coming over?"

Naruto looked up. "Did you just say a friend of yours?"

Sasuke frowned. "It's not like I don't have any friends, dobe! Gaara moved out later, so I haven't seen him in ages."

"All right." then he heard the door bell ring. "Who would come here this early?" Sasuke wheeled him to the door and they opened it together. Here was a huge box and a few men.

One of them stepped up to Sasuke. "Uzumaki-san sent this. He said you would collect it. It's for his little brother's physiotherapy. And he also sent these..." he pointed to a plant. "We collected it from the hospital."

"Why don't you come in, we'll lead you to the room where you'll set this up." Sasuke led them to a room, two doors away from their bedroom. The boys watched as the men set things up. Sasuke wondered where Itachi had got to, this early. He usually left for work an hour later.

Right after he finished talking Itachi walked in. Think of the devil... Sasuke thought as he nodded at his brother. Itachi watched the men finish and then ushered them out. Then he came back to speak to the boys.

"Listen, I know you'll get kind of bored being here alone, so I got you tickets for a movie." He turned as Naruto started to protest. "Naruto...you didn't mind the people all these times you've gone out with Sasuke. It's a movie...that's it. If you want I'll book the whole theatre for you..."

Naruto frowned, but then agreed. "Fine, we'll go. Don't get so worked up about it..."

Itachi gave that infuriating smile. "Ah...Kyuubi will be sending your nurse over sometime in the afternoon, since your movie should be done by then, please come back here, to receive him. I'll be leaving now."

Sasuke and Naruto watched him leave and then sighed. Itachi could be soo bossy sometimes! Sasuke turned to Naruto. "Ok then, dobe...we should get you dressed and ready, if we're going to be there in the next two hours."

Kyuubi looked through the papers once more. Once he was sure he'd read and signed them all, he leaned into his chair and swiveled around to face the window. He sighed; he was starting to feel lonely. Of course there was Itachi, but then when he went back home, he was all alone. Itachi needed to keep an eye on Sasuke and Naruto...which meant he couldn't stay out all night like he used to. Which also explained why Kyuubi hadn't seen the man for a week.

Kyuubi frowned, he knew Sasuke and Naruto could take care of themselves, but then Itachi had been left strict instructions by his mother, not to leave them by themselves. He wished, Itachi could just stay with him...then he could make some moves and get him into bed at last! It was troublesome... he wished at least Naruto was staying with him, but the way things were going he'd rather not separate him from Sasuke.