Chapter 6

She guided me to the Vincent Santiago office. There was a huge
Mahogany door.

She knocked on the door and Mr. Santiago said only Sapphire should come in. The lady told me to go in and I pushed the door open. I observe the inside the room and it was cold, very elegant and there Vincent stood looking out the window on the city. He was dressed in a grey suit and his hair was neatly combed likewise.

"Good Morning sir, "I shuddered,  honestly I'm not used to this properly dressed thing but I'll come around soon I think.

"Good morning, your office is right over there."He pointed.

I looked where He was pointed and there was a huge desk with an Apple laptop, a file of papers, and many more.

"You can decorate it the way you'd like."Vincent said."I'll always tell Daila to show you what you should do only for today."He announced and went out of the office.

"I walked around the table and think that I should get reminders, stapler, and all," I said to myself.

A slight knock came from the door and I know it was Daila so told her that she can come and she did.

"Sapphire, Please sit while I show you everything I promise you won't get bored."She said shyly. She seems to be around age 23.  Why would she be shy?

I said ok and she showed me everything and I understood.  She later carried me around the place also the cafeteria and the lobby. She explained everything I need to know and it was now 12. I was hungry so we went to buy lunch. I think Diala and I will be good friends. After lunch, I went back to my desk. I started working although I should begin tomorrow I wasn't much tired. It was now 5 and I was walking to my car when a man that's a little taller with dark hair,  green eyes, tanned skin and he was in a black suit came up to me.

"Hi Sapphire, I'm Xavier."He put out his hand and I shake it."I heard you're Mr. Santiago P.A," I nodded and he said, "I work in the accounts department."While taking off his glasses.

I excused myself nicely and we said our goodbyes. I was on my way to look for my car to my surprised it was there. I almost cried. I called Lisa to ask Jem to pick me up and she said that Jem is out of the state again. I was about to stop a cab when I heard Vincent."Where is your car?"With a stern face."I-I don't know, I had it where all the cars should be and now it's gone."I palmed my face.

"No worries I'll try and find your car and I'll give you a ride to your apartment."He said with a welcoming smile.

We went to his car and it was an Audi I didn't say anything just wondering how many cars did this man collected.

He opened the door for me and I went in. He then opens his door and we rode in silence. I was now at my apartment. Thanks for taking me home I said then came out of the car.

"No problem Sapphire."He smirks.

"I opened my door to my apartment and I just went to bed immediately. I was exhausted and overthinking especially about my car and why I'm sharing an office with Vincent."I then went to bed.

Today was a long day. It wasn't much of a stress but I'm just too tired.

It was now the next day for work. I woke up at 5:30 am and I took a shower, got sstresasassessed my make-up I then rushed out for work. I took a cab this time. I saw a Cafe nearby yesterday so I went inside and ordered two cappuccinos for Vincent and me.

When I walked inside the place was a lot different.  It was now Christmas. The place was decorated lovely and I went to Vincent's office and knock on the door. It was now 7:50 and I gave him his cappuccino and he sipped on it. I went to my desk starting to look through the files and I told Mr. Santiago that he has met today with Jefferson and he said I should tell them that he postponed it to tomorrow.

I was typing on my laptop replying to emails and checking files now and then. Vincent had different ladies coming into the office every time I looked up and they were all over him. I focused my way on the laptop. I excused myself for lunch leaving Vincent and his party fans.

I was at the cafeteria and I was talking to Diala about how the work is going. She said that every Christmas there's a Christmas party for the workers on the 23 and I was amazed. Today's the 13th of December.  Xavier came up to Diala and me and she rolled her eyes.  All ous f us chatted forrrworworthwhilewe all exchanged numbers.

I was on my way to the office when Jeff that works as one of Vincent's assistants told me that Vincent is busy so I should wait.
I waited for like an hour staring at the door. I then heard the door opened and I saw a blonde coming out looking messed up and Vincent was fixing his tie.

I walked to my desk and I heard a man voice stopped me."You are late."He rolled his eye. I looked on my phone and it was 1 and lunch will be up within 30 minutes from now.

"How am I late? I'm 30minutes early."I said while folding my hands.

Vincent pointed to the clock that was in his office.OMG it's after
2.What was I doing?

I said sorry because I didn't want to continue a long conversation with Vincent.

I got back to work and Vincent was on his phone talking. I ignored him though. He glanced at me a lot.

It was now time for me to go home and I went outside to take a cab when Xavier offered me a drive home. We talked about the company and also about Vincent and I heard good things about him.

Xavier parked his car in front of my apartment and I told him thanks and also a goodbye. I open the door and got out of the car. I opened my apartment door and he drove off.

I went inside and I took a warm shower and put on a knee-length shirt. I went downstairs and I made stew chicken, rice and peas, vegetables and I pour out some Welch grape drink.

I was eating and watching a movie. When I was finish eating I went to the sink and put my plate inside the sink and turned off the television.

I wanted to get out of this place soon when I get my pay I will move to a spacious Apartment and start over my life.

Next day

I was preparing myself for the meeting with Jefferson and it was now time I followed behind Vincent to the meeting room. Everyone sat down and I did too. I wrote down few things and there was this handsome man around age 25 looking at me.  I wasn't paying him any mind but Vincent was glaring at him.

It was now time for lunch and when I was walking out Vincent grabbed my arm and said not to talk to anyone. I was looking on the floor and he gripped it even more. We heard footsteps coming closer and Vincent pulled away and said he's sorry. It was Felipe acknowledging Vincent and meee to come the lunch was ready.

I went back to the lunchroom I saw all the persons that were in the meeting devouring in their food.  I sat around the table and Vincent sat beside me. We ate in silence.

It was now time for the meeting and we headed to the meeting room it was over at 4 it was a long meeting.

I was at my desk packing up my things. I got a text from Xavier that he was outside waiting for me. I later left the office and went inside Xavier's's's car. I saw Vincent looking out from his window.

I was now home and I headed straight to bed when I heard my phone rang and the caller was

Hey,,, Girl what's up?
Nothing much, I'm just exhausted,   Hbu? I replied

I didn't get back any text message from Lisa so I was taking off my clothes when I got a text from my ex from high school. I ignored it.

The days went by pretty quickly and it was now the night for the Christmas party.

Diala came over and she was dressed into a white dress that reaches her knee and it fitted her body perfectly. I did her make-up and it was a beauty.

I was dress in a tall red dress that had a tall slip at the side and my shoulders were showing. I showed my curves and I did my make-up.   I curled my hair and Diala straighten hers. We were picked up by Xavier.  I couldn't see what he was in.