Chapter 10 - She's absent

A beautiful day and the class are on going, the teacher discuss them the new lesson and so Nishikata is also there listening to the teacher's discussion but however the reason is that his seatmate is not there. No wonder why Nishikata looks so focus today while Takagi didn't come to school today. It didn't bothered him much because he is studying hard to beat Takagi's best high grades. But even if so she's the one who can only help him up. Later on the class is over and the teacher dismiss the students, Nishikata packs up his bag and about to left the room, but he notice no one ask him to go home together, only Takagi can ask him like that but she's absent. He had no idea what happened to her so he'd ask some of his classmates. He asked first his bestfriend Touma if necessarily that he knows what happened to Takagi.

"Yo Touma! Have you seen Takagi - san?"

"Eh? No and I don't care about her anyway."

"Oh is that so? Then you don't know what happened to her right? She's not here since morning."

"Why are you searching for her? Ohh wait I know! Could it be that you searching for her because you like her huh Nishikata?"

"T-That's not it! You just don't understand Touma."

"Well that's the point even if I don't understand but still we keep on stalking on you two."

Nishikata left and ask all the classmates that he know, but no one ever knew what happened to Takagi. He then rest for a while after he ask all of his classmates, he was thinking of her why she didn't come to school today. All he ever knew was she's pretty active yesterday, but then this little girl also a High School student came to ask Nishikata if he is searching for Takagi but then he confused and ask her if she know about Takagi.

"We're you looking for Takagi - san?"

"Huh? Hey! Aren't you Aika - san?"

"Yes I am d-don't call me san because you're way older than me."

"O-Ohh right then Aika chan. You know Takagi - san?"

His classmate name is Aika also a high school student classmate of Nishikata and Takagi, also Takagi's close friend. She is a bit small, a nice person, she's shy but loyal to anyone. She's the only one who can answer why Takagi didn't come to school today. She told him that they we're close friends since the first day of school. Nishikata think that too much hard because he never knew that she had a close friend before, He only know is that she likes to hang up with him going home together.

"Yes. We've been close friends since the first day."

"Oh is that so huh (Geez I didn't know Takagi - san had a close friend also. N-No even more friends she had.)"

"I see that you are looking for her. Nishikata kun."

"E-Ehh h-how did you know?"

Aika explains what happened to Takagi. When Nishikata knew what happened to her, he ask where she lives and quickly rush into her house before that he buy some instant food for Takagi and rushed in to her house. When he got there he rangs a doorbell. He never thought that her house was that big and quiet, also the lights we're out and looks like nobody lives there. Then so somebody opens the door and it was Takagi's mom.

"Good Afternoon ma'am."

"Ohh Hello there Good Afternoon to you too. What brings you here young boy?"

"Ohh umm is Takagi - san here today?"

"Yes she is, though she's not feeling well today."

"Umm I'm her classmate. My name is Nishikata."