Home

You took one of the Saviours trucks and drove the distance to Hilltop. Cameron was in high spirits, he couldn't wait to get home and when you told him you would be moving out of Jess' he had already invited himself to live with you. You were happy to be going home, but sad about everything you were leaving behind. You hadn't even said bye to Heather. 

A man you didn't recognise was on the gate, but he clearly recognised you because he let you in. You parked the truck and helped Cameron out. You were just lifting your bags out of the back when Jesus appeared.

"Here let me help you with those" he smiled taking the bags from you.

"thanks Jesus" you smiled back

"I take it you're here to stay this time?" he asked,

"If you'll have us" you laughed,

"Of course" he beamed, hugging you with his free arm.

"But Jesus is there another house we can stay in, there's too many memories of Simon in Jess'" you asked nervously,

"Well our numbers took quite a hit fighting Negan so yeah there's a couple of empty houses you can choose from" he told you, you felt guilty that the group you came from was the reason those houses were vacant. 

"I want to pick!" Cameron exclaimed, 

"You can buddy" you laughed 

"Why don't we go choose a house while you check in with Jess" Jesus suggested, you nodded and thanked him, before heading for Jess' house. You opened the front door and let yourself in. 

"Hello" you called, Jess flew down the stairs at the sound of your voice and threw her arms around you. Craig appeared at the top of the stairs, shirtless, you had a feeling you had interrupted something.

"You always knew how to make an entrance" he laughed, confirming your suspicions. 

"What are you doing here?" Jess asked excited,

"I've come home Jess" you told her, she squealed and hugged you again,

"It's so good to have you back" she exclaimed "Let's go sort your room out"

"Jess I can't stay in that room" you sighed, she was halfway up the stairs and turned to look at you confused, "there's just too many memories" she seemed to understand,

"Where are you going to stay?" she asked

"Cameron is with Jesus now picking a house" you laughed,

"I presume we have a lot of catching up to do" she asked raising an eyebrow, you nodded and bit your lip, "Craig go keep the bed warm I'll be up soon" she told him, leading you into the living room. You told her everything, about the past few weeks, about Negan and the several almost kisses, about Daryl turning up at the Sanctuary, about your mess of emotions.

"Babe you need to sort yourself out before you even think of moving on, you need to get over losing Simon otherwise its just going to cause more guilt and pain" she exclaimed,

"I know" you sighed "Jess I'm such a mess"

"They shouldn't have pursued you so soon, its not fair" she sighed,

"Well I better go and find out where I'm living and let you get back to you man" you laughed, you both stood and Jess pulled you into a tight hug, 

"You're gonna be okay" she whispered, you squeezed her and let go,

"See you at dinner?" you asked, she nodded and walked you to the door, you waved and headed in the direction you had seen the boys go. You could hear Cameron laughing from the street and the sound alone made you smile. You climbed the steps to your new home and let yourself in.