Home

You'd made your mind up, this was what was best for you and your unborn child. 

You gazed down at your growing bump, you were 12 weeks pregnant now and would hopefully be able to find out the sex soon. You were packing your bags when Ezekiel entered your room. 

"You're really going" he sighed, you strode across the room and embraced him, resting your head on his soft chest, his arms instantly holding you close.

"Thank you for everything" you whispered

"My lady thanks is not required" he replied, you smiled and kissed his cheek. He picked up your bags and followed you out to your truck, reluctantly placing your luggage in the boot. "Are you sure I can't escort you?" he asked

"I will be fine" you smiled, squeezing his hand as you climbed in the truck. You waved to everyone as you pulled out of the gates. The kingdom was never home, but you would miss is.

You drove for an hour before you began to feel tired, maybe you should have accepted Ezekiel's offer of an escort, you pulled over and decided to nap. Failing to notice how the number of dead on the road, heading in your direction. 

You woke as the car began to shake, you were surrounded by the walking corpses. You began to panic as you pushed yourself further back into your chair, trying to escape the hands pawing at the window to get to you. There were dozens of them, you turned the key to start the engine but it wouldn't turn over, you were stuck. You let out a frustrated cry which seemed to excite the walkers and they got louder. You rested your head against the steering wheel and cried, setting the horn off as you did, it would probably attract more walkers but at this point, you didn't care. 

You climbed into the back seat and cried, rubbing your stomach. You felt hopeless. You knew you weren't cut out to be a mum, you couldn't even look after yourself. 

All of a sudden the bodies around the car started falling, you sat up confused until you saw an all too familiar arrow fly through the head of another corpse trying to claw through the window.

"Daryl" you whispered to yourself. One by one he took out every one of the dead, you saw him retrieving his arrows out of their skulls before approaching your car. He opened the door and smirked at you,

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes" he teased, you practically dived out of the truck, throwing your arms around him.

"I am so glad to see you" you exclaimed,

"Yeah yeah you'd say that to whoever saved you" he laughed, wrapping his arms around you. No sooner had he pulled you close to him that he pushed you away and glanced down at your growing stomach, obviously having felt it when he embraced you.

"Well that's new," he said, you fidgeted nervously and looked up at him "Tell me it's not his" you shook your head,

"It's Simon's" you told him,

"Hell that ain't much better" he sighed, running a hand through his messy hair, "We best find somewhere a little less exposed to catch up"

He grabbed your bags from the boot and refused to let you carry them yourself, you gave up protesting and followed him into the trees. 

"There a cottage about a mile this way" he told you "you okay to walk that far?"

"I'm pregnant Daryl I'm not a cripple" you laughed, he shrugged and accepted that as a yes. However, your feet were in pieced by the time you reached the cottage he mentioned. 

"Is this where you're staying now?" you quizzed

"Nah I'm back at Alexandria" he told you, "I just use this as a base when I'm scavenging" 

"How've you been?" you asked 

"You mean since you just upped and left" he snapped 

"Daryl..." you tried to interrupt

"I've been good" he continued, clearly lying. "How about you? where were you heading?"

"The Sanctuary" you replied "I've been staying at the Kingdom for a while and was heading back"

"So the grass wasn't greener huh?" he asked but it wasn't really a question.

"Negan didn't take not being the father so well" you confessed,

"So you've slept with him?" he scoffed

"Daryl don't" you sighed

"I'm sorry" he sighed "I just don't want you to get hurt and clearly that is all he seems to cause you" that comment hit a nerve. 

"What do you want me to say Daryl?" you sighed "I know the person he is, but still I want him, I don't know why....maybe I'm as fucked up as he is"

"You're not fucked up" he whispered, placing a hand on your cheek "You're perfect" you gazed into his eyes, the care and affection he felt for you visible in his big orbs, it terrified you, you turned away blushing. 

"Where's Cameron?" he asked changing the subject, clearly noting your discomfort. 

"He's at the Sanctuary with Negan and Jess" you told him, 

"Hell it must have been some fight for you to leave so quick you didn't have time to take him with you" he observed. 

"Can we talk about something else?" you asked

"Sure" he sighed, you spent the rest of the day talking about nothing in particular, laughing and joking until night fell and you secured the cottage so you could both sleep. You took the couch and Daryl got comfy in the armchair. 

"Will you help me get to the Sanctuary tomorrow?" you asked sleepily, Daryl only grunted in response, you knew he would, you also knew he didn't want to. 

*********************************************8

Hey guys, let me know what you think....thought it would be nice to reunite these two.

Comment and vote!!!

lots of love xxxx