Chapter Thirty Five: Stumped

Alex looked uneasy as she tried getting the words out of her mouth. She had only managed to say I and shit. I remained patient, not wanting to stop her from spilling whatever she wanted to tell me. I had a feeling it was something really important as she wouldn’t be so nervous to tell me but I didn’t want to push it.

“I won’t judge.” I said as she once again tried spilling the sentence, only managing to mutter the word I. I gave her a reassuring smile as she looked at me, her eyes were bright but the rest of her was telling me something different. She shook her head as she started laughing slightly.

“I-I… Two weeks ago, when you were on your date with Niall. What did you say to Liam?” I smiled as Alex looked around nervously waiting for me to answer.

“I asked him if he liked you, which he does. Then I told him to ask you out. Not sure what happened afterwards because I left straight away.” I smiled at Alex, she smiled back and nodded her head, her smile starting growing and mine grew along with hers.

“He did…” I could barely hear Alex when she said those words but either way I squealed and jumped up.

FINALLY!!!” I screamed as I ran around the room. Still sitting on the couch was Alex as she laughed as I did my victory dance. “Wait… when?” I asked immediately settling back down on the couch.

“That night…” I whacked her arm and frowned at her.

“Owww… Why did you have to hit me?” She asked as she rubbed her arm.

“Because, why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Because we wanted to make sure that it was going to work.”

“God you’re good at hiding it.” I said with sarcasm however partially it was true, they hadn’t made it too obvious.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” This time Alex hit me. I grinned at her before opening my mouth to speak.

“What’s with all the screaming?” Liam asked as he opened the door. I smiled at Liam and shrugged my shoulders.

“I told Ellie.” Alex said as Liam walked over to us.

“Oh okay.” Liam said as he sat on the armrest of the couch, beside Alex.

“We aren’t telling anyone else yet though.” Alex said as she leaned back into Liam’s arms. I smile at this and couldn’t help but coo at the cuteness of the two of them.

“Wait, do the boys even know?” I asked as Liam looked out the window.

“Zayn knows, not by our choice. He may have caught us hugging for a little too long.” Liam replied as he looked back at me. I smirked at this and winked, causing Alex to blush.

“Gone out on a date yet?” I asked.

“Just casual outings, where we would be asked many times if we were dating, so no not really a proper date.” Alex answered before Liam could.

“I will repay your favour Alex, let me do your hair and make up for yours.” I grinned as Alex nodded her head. “Hey Liam, did you know about her getting the job?”

“Sure did, I had to act surprised though.” Liam said as he pressed a kiss to the top of Alex’s hair.

“It all makes sense now, you disappearing from Niall and the boys so often and Alex always saying that she was out. You guys have been sneaking around. Tsk tsk.” I tutted my finger as Alex laughed.

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing.” Alex concluded after she finished laughing.

“Trust me it’s not. You guys are as the fans put it my ‘OTP.’” As soon as I said it the two of them burst out laughing as I just grinned stupidly at them. “What’s your ship name?” I asked once the laughing subsided, only earning myself another laughing fit from the two of them.