Chapter 23

I wrote this chapter a while ago, but then it accidentally got deleted before I could post it. I was so bummed. But I rewrote it as best as I can and here it is!

Don't forget to comment and vote! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sierra-

I woke up the next morning with a horrible ache in my chest. It felt like my heart was on fire. It was as if Jacob was really close, but I couldn't have him. It hurt.

I got ready for the day dreadfully slow. I knew what was coming for me and I wanted to prolong my time as myself for as long as I could. It was nearly noon when Adam finally came for me.

He smirked. "Today's the day!"

Yeah, I thought bitterly. Today's the day I might as well die.

He took my hand and led me down one of the empty halls to the smallest room in the building. It consisted of only a small hard bed and a tall metal table like you would see at a hospital. On it was a syringe with a very long needles. Did I ever mention that I'm deathly afraid of needles? No? Well, I am.

I shuddered as I thought of that thing puncturing my skin.

"It won't hurt, don't worry." Adam promised. Yeah right.

He pulled a pair of latex gloves out of his pocket. We was about to put them on when I huge crash came from downstairs. Adam jumped and dropped the gloves in the process.

I snickered. "You scared, Adam?"

"No. I just wasn't expecting it." He glanced at the door.  "Stay here. I'm going to see what that was. I'll be back in a minute."

What choice did I have? I sat on the hard bed and didn't even consider making a run for it. He would catch me. He always did.

Minutes went by and he didn't return. I just sat on  the bed and played with  my hands. I glanced at the syringe and held the urge to vomit. I never did take needles well.

I was considering going to see what was keeping Adam, but my thoughts were interrupted by a huge crash that rattled the whole tower. What the heck is going on?

-Jake-

I just stood there. I was in front of a castle type thing that was in the middle of the woods, out of sight from humans. This was it, I just knew it. She was in there and I was getting her out.

"You found it?" Seth asked in my head.

"No. I'm currently standing outside Cinderella's Castle." I thought sarcastically.

"Alright dude. Just making sure." He defended.

"Good job Jake. I was pretty sure you'd be the one to find it." Sam thought. "I want everyone to meet Jacob as soon as you can."

I sat down behind the trees, out of sight of the castle, while I waited for everyone to arrive. It was only dawn and the sun was just rising. I took a much needed nap and woke up when they arrived. It seemed to be close to noon now.

"You made it fast." I noted. We had all gone in opposite directions so I had expected it to take much longer than it did.

"Yeah," Seth panted. "I've never run that fast in my life."

"Yeah, me either." Embry agreed.

"It's good  that we made it here so quickly. Now, I have a plan that should work. Hopefully." Sam said. "I want Jake and Leah to go through a back entrance while I take the rest of the pack around front. We will be the distraction while the two of you go and find Sierra."