Chapter 7

“Jakey. I don’t want to go to school!” I whined when I opened the door. The two weeks of summer that I had went by way too quickly. Now it was the first day of school and Jake was here to pick me up. He came to me and wrapped his arms around me. I did the same.

            These last two weeks, Jake and I had been spending every moment possible together. The only time we were apart was when Jake went on patrol. During that time, I would hang out with Emily and the boys who weren’t patrolling. At night, Jake always snuck through my window and stayed with me. Then in the morning, he would sneak back out the window, go home and change, then come back through the front door so that Sam knew he was here. If Sam found out that Jake was spending the night, Jake and I would both be dead. So it was best to keep Sam in the dark as much as possible.

            “I am so lucky.” Jake mumbled, burying his face in my hair.

            “Why?” I asked.

            “Cause I have you.”

            “Aww. Well, then I’m even luckier cause I have you.”

Jacob pulled back and grinned.

            “Hey, at school, I’ll have all classes with you, right?” I asked suddenly.

            “I hope. If we didn’t, I would miss you too much.”

He was so sweet!

            “Good.” I smiled.

Jake grinned before leaning down to kiss me. When his lips were only inches from mine, someone behind us cleared their throat. I spun around. Sam was standing there with his arms crossed.

            “What exactly do you think you’re doing?”

            “Same thing I see you and Emily doing all the time.” I smirked as Sam glared at me. I heard Emily laugh from the kitchen.

            “Well, that’s different.” Sam argued.

            “I don’t see how.”

            “Ugh! Just go to school!” Sam groaned. He didn’t like the fact that I was dating, even if it was Jake. He would rather have me single for my whole life and die alone with only cats. I really didn’t know what his problem was.

            As soon as Sam left, Jake quickly brought his face to my level and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes. Too soon, I had to pull away because of the lack of oxygen. Jake rested his forehead against mine. He smiled and I bit my lip.

            “Stop.” Jake said suddenly.

            “What?”

            “Stop biting your lip. It drives me insane!”

            “How so?”

            “It makes me wanna kiss you!”

I smiled and bit my lip again causing Jake to raise an eyebrow before crashing his lips to mine. We pulled away a minute later.

            “I have a secret weapon now!” I said in a sing-song voice. Jake rolled his eyes and smiled. He took my hand then.

            “Let’s go.” He said.

            “Bye!” I called to Emily and Sam, who I could hear whispering in the kitchen.

            “Bye!” Emily called.