II Rebounding Childhood

A day was spent traveling Hyrule Field, and a night was also taken in camp under its open ceiling of stars that stood out like silver blossoms that stared down upon any irises that gave them notice. And Link's irises gave them notice. There were among those precious flowers of the sky, certain stars that stood out from the others in their given directions. To the north stood a bright yellow orb that resembled the sun as it was very radiant. The northeast contained one of fiery red as if it was fashioned in the heart of Death Mountain. Eastward, there stood one in purple as if it possessed royalty, but it wasn't bright as if it were shaded with sobriety and solemness. To the southwest was a fair flower of blue and appeared to reflect his own irises, for indeed it recalled of soft blue eyes that often capture the hearts of many. Then there was one to the west that was golden, and it appeared as a jewel that would merit the value of kings. But then there was the one to the south that was green of deep emerald, and it seemed like as if a fragrant tree had been planted in the heavens bearing witness of life. The Hero's gaze was fixed on this one as he thought of a pair of green irises and the girl behind them. In thought, he was filled with grief, and the gears of his mind worked for a long while. Then he drew out his fairy ocarina as he lay there. He would not play Sarai's song as he could not do so without contacting her, and his surprise would then be ruined. So, he played the song of healing in ease of his heavy heart, and as he played, his heart lifted, heaviness took possession of his eyes, and he was fast asleep with holding the ocarina over his chest.

Dawn came soon, and while the dawn's radiance was still fresh before the sun rose to its prime of its morning light, the lad approached the bridge that stood as the gateway between his adulthood and childhood, his once 'natural life' He dismounted and stood upon the planks fastened with fine twined rope, and there he paused as the fragrant forest air rose with the morning 's mist of dew. He leaned on the rail of rope in facing west with his eyes closed as he took in a flashback, and thus he saw her from that last semi-normal day before everything changed. When she had waited for him here at the bridge as she knew what was coming. And he was so drowned with fear, sorrow, and worry that he almost missed her hadn't she caught him with her serene beautiful voice. "Oh...You're leaving." She looked so downcast in that moment, and yet she managed to smile as her eyes were faded with showering tears, each one a drop of light. He couldn't bring himself to speak as the thought of leaving her took his breath away. The death of the Great Deku Tree, being called on in cursing by the Kokiri, being sent away from home and his friends, and leaving Saria "on top of it all" crushed him. His tears waxed moist in matching hers, and for a moment, nothing was said as gazes were fixed between irises of blue and green. It was in that moment of that day that he had realized that it was in leaving her that he was leaving his whole world, for she was his world. She drew out a special cloth of Kokiri linen and gave it to him. He moved the cloth in uncovering her gift, and it was a fairy ocarina of deku wood from the great tree's branches such as is rare, and only Saria's own had been made like it. Thus she made special effort in crafting this one, but for how long? Her heart had to had been set on it. "I...I" he tried to speak with his cracking voice, but he couldn't. "With a voice like that, a bull frog might croak in answer." Saria had said in effort of a cracking giggle, and Link had smiled with a smirk wherewith she was satisfied as she smiled. As solemn as he was, she was the one who could always find the way to get a smile out of him. "With this instrument, please remember us, and ... don't forget me."

He looked at her earnestly then, and he placed her hand with his on the instrument as he locked eyes with her, "I...Will...Come Back."

Link opened his eyes, but Phaelon was hanging from a tree limb as he locked eyes with the Hero at a strange closeness once again. "Hi!" And Link had bolted back from the jolt of it as he threw himself back into the other rail with his hands grasping quickly in stopping his momentum from sending him over and off the bridge.