VII A Fated Battle

Grandiven arrived with five hundred strong in the early morning, and they stood in the fields of Hyrule and Eldin. Sir Link stood with his company upon the southern hills as he looked on in observance so that he might see when to make his move. Then before noon came, he saw the Gerudo come forth, and they spanned over their side of the field. And the lines took place for battle, but the Gerudo King rode forth upon his dark Gerudo Stallion, and the locks of his crimson hair flew with the wind in match of his steed's raven black mane. Quite signature, he wore his black armor of old which bore inscriptions of speech and language of the Rova sisters and their ancestral tribe of witches.

The king stood in his saddle upon his mount in suit for parlay. Grandiven was a gentleman of honor, and though it could be said that he acted naively against better judgment, he answered the king's noble gesture. So, the marshal rode forth alone, and he bore armor of Goron Steel. He wore no helm as his dark hair flew freely, and his steed was a thoroughbred.

Upon another hill north, in Eldin, the Shiekah shiek stood with her daughter, and she watched with concern that the marshal would dare trade speech with the King of Thieves. Likewise, the knight of Ordon had cocked his head in question of the marshal's actions.

So, Ganondorf and Grandiven met, and for the first minute, there was a solid moment of silence. "What words have you with me, king of thieves?" Grandiven enquired.

And Ganondorf simply answered. "So that you might give way for me and my people to return to our own."

The marshal was taken aback. "I don't understand. ... Explain yourself."

"My purpose was to obtain the Triforce." The king replied, "But the means of accessing it have been permanently lost. ... I have thus no further purpose than to return from whence I came, and my people with me." Grandiven raised his brows as Ganondorf added in his sincere countenance. "Surely, further bloodshed of war can be spared betwixt our peoples."

"A breech of which you have already made as well as so declared." The marshal rebutted.

To which the king cocked his head as he responded in a targeted question. "So you would have yourself responsible for the continued grievance?"

And upon that question, the marshal stood silent as he pondered his situation. For how could the king be trusted? Did not the thief come for war, to claim the Triforce his people swore to protect? A man that was banished for treachery? But then could he be telling the truth to seek to return home? Is further bloodshed needless? If that is indeed the case, then would not the marshal be responsible? Would he be blameless? Grandiven gave considerable thought, and after awhile, he gave word to Ganondorf to permit them to take their leave. And Ganondorf smiled courteously as he bowed.

Then Grandiven held his hand high, and a runner came to him in haste. Whereas, he gave the order for the army to divide and make way. The runner was stunned, but he submitted nonetheless. So, the Hylians divided in giving way, as the Gerudo took to march through. And the king and marshal stood yet in their meeting as they observed.

In seeing it, Impa stood aghast, "The Fool!! On what authority does permit the enemy leave?"

As for the knight of Ordon, he simply had enough and took his company down in double time.

Before the Gerudo passed through, a great part of their force remained on the Eldin side, and then a signal was made from main body of the Gerudo army whereupon those within the divide struck out. In following, the main army attacked. And before Grandiven could react, Ganondorf had drawn his sword and ran his blade through him.

The Gerudo in the divide worked their momentum outward to the Central Field's side where they began to splay out in rebounding upon their foe. But then, from the west, came the Hylians of Lanayru as they smote into the Gerudo in plugging their splaying formation. The Hylians of Lanayru took grounds fast as the weight of their hands gave the impression of granite, for they were the blue knights. As for Sir Link's company, they had immediately oppressed the Gerudo's flank. Link and Fado fought beside each other as the company spearheaded to heart of the battle as the divide managed to close upon the thieves that were caught in it. And the knights of Lanayru drove forth to the front along side the company of the knight of Ordon. So the battle went long and fierce.