4-A New Group

Grace's POV

I can't believe it. That lady left me on top of an active volcano.

Taking a step forward, I gulp at the scene I see in front of me. The volcano is so high that I can't even see the ground.

"Ugh, Luna is going to kill me for this." I complain to myself, as I thought of a very dangerous idea in my head.

I've always been the smart one of our group, Jolly being the dumbest. I mean who can trip on a shoe while they are looking at the ground. Saph being the second dumbest, and Luna as the second smartest.

"Here we go!" I say, and walk closer to edge. I close my eyes and jump. The feeling of the cold air blowing against my face is refreshing. I slowly open my eyes. Now with a closer look from above, there's actually a bunch of small islands surrounding this island. This island also happens to be the only one with a volcano on it.

Everything on it is filled with green vegetation, and only a few animals I've never seen before. On an island a little out to the left, I saw a huge village and on the right corner, there's a grove with black clouds surrounding it.

Making up my mind as I get closer to the ground, I use my left hand and bring the sea to me as a cushion so I won't hit the ground. It only half worked. It did save me, but the impact was still painful. I should have known it was gonna be painful.

I start sliding my way across the ocean as soon as I land. The water was so clear that I can see the many different types of marine life that's in this world.

It wasn't a long way, but it is difficult to not get distracted. Everything looks beautiful. The palm trees, small cows, sheep. They are all so cute and fluffy.

Getting to a big gate, I realize that it is not a village, but a humongous kingdom. There's even a palace that I somehow missed. I stare at this new place, fascinated by it's scenery, but was immediately surprised and shocked as I watched a girl stab someone in the chest with a sword.

Her clothes are too revealing in my opinion. There's a snake tattoo down her arm. What got me was her hair. It was many different dark shades of red.

"Hello there. You must be new. Welcome to the Kingdom of Quartz. It's the biggest kingdom in this game. I'm Beth, a potion master." A girl says, coming behind me. I turn around. She's is really pretty with long blonde hair and sky blue eyes. She looks about my age.

"Hi, I'm Grace. A fire and water wizard." I greet back.

The look on her face shows shock, but it was quickly covered by a small smile. "Want to meet the group? We just formed a few weeks ago."

"Yea." I say with uncertainty in my voice. I don't really want to leave my group behind, but I think this is the best idea for now. Staying with a group will help me find them faster.

"So, can you tell me a little bit about this game? You seem to be an experienced player." I comment. She gives me a nod and starts explaining.

Turns out this game is actually pretty fun. At first I thought this was a death game, but after the explanation, it gave me a whole new point of view. I was fascinated by the fact that this game can hold up to millions and millions of players world wide, each with their own unique abilities.

When I look around town, all the people are smiling, and living life like there's nothing to worry about. Why are they smiling? Aren't they afraid of dying when someone suddenly just killed one of them from behind?

As if reading my thoughts, "They are just living their life here like they would in real life. Even though everything seems different, they are still enjoying it." Beth says.

"Don't they miss their home or their familes?"

"I'm sure they do, but what can they do? Nobody is willing to set out and defeat the wizards that are causing all of this. All of them are afraid of death. They just don't show it." She explains in a sad tone.

I don't really know what to say, so I just pat her on the back. "It's alright. I'm sure someone will put this to an end one day, and we will all be free." She smiles and continues walking.

"We are here. It's small but make yourself at home." She says as she invites me into a small cabin. I take a look around, even though it looks really small on the outside, it's actually pretty big from the inside.

There's a kitchen and a small bar in the corner with everything you need in it. A place for you to sit down and chill in the living room. Near the top corner of the living room there's a trapdoor which leads to a basement. The basement is like a built in game room. There's many pool tables right in the center.

"Oh, hello, welcome to our house." Someone says behind me.

I turn around to find 3 boys that are all shirtless and what looks like to be a girl, standing there with pool sticks in their hand.

I stands there, dumbfounded. The boys all look the same. One of them cat whistles, but I ignore him. The girl is in a cloak, so I can't really see her face.

"Hi, where's Beth?" I ask the medium height, dark haired boy in the middle.

"That old hag is probably upstairs." He tells me. "Wanna play pool? I bet ya I'll win."

"Oh shut up, Shawn. You don't want to lose to a girl, it ruins your reputation haha!" The boy next to him says. He looks like an exact copy of the first one but taller.

I look at the third boy as both of them start fighting. He just stands there with his head down and not talking. So he's the quiet one huh? Expect for that girl in the cloak. "Will you two shut it, you are acting like 3 year olds in front of our new member!" I heard Beth's voice, coming from the staircase.

The two of them froze and the quiet boy sighed, "Annoying." I gasp, his voice sounds so much like Saph's. Both calm with a little sign of annoyance. "Sal! Show her around the house, I have stuff to do!" Beth yells again.

He sighs again and stuffs his hands into his jeans pockets. "Let's go?" I nod and look back at the mysterious girl. This time I saw her face. Blood red eyes staring into mine. What creeps me out is her hair. Blood red, just like the girl I saw on the street.