3: She's Into Girls

Cheryl's POV

The first month of school went pretty well. I had to switch some classes in my schedule because of cheerleading, so now I'm in Toni's English class. And I'm not complaining at all.

"Okay, guys. I need you to pick a partner for our first project. You have to..." The teacher started, but I stopped listening because she was so boring. I turn around behind me to Toni's desk.

"Wanna be my partner?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'd love to." She replies with a small smile.

"Cheryl!" The teacher yelled at me. "Is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

"No, sorry."

"You got in trouble." Toni whispered giggling.

"What are you, 12?" I chuckled, turning around again.

"Cheryl! Seriously! Am I gonna have to move you?" The teacher yelled again.

"No, I'll stop." I said, rolling my eyes.

Toni's POV

If I've noticed anything this past month, it's that I definitely have a crush on Cheryl Blossom.

I learned that her family's the richest in the town. Which I found really surprising since she's the most down-to-earth person I've ever met.

She doesn't have a good relationship with her mother, and her father and brother both last year. I admire how strong she is even after all the pain she's gone through. I'm kinda upset Jughead's never introduced me to her.

I was really excited when she came into my English class. And then she asked me to be her partner on whatever dumb project the teacher assigned. Honestly I just wanted an excuse to hang out with Cheryl more outside of school.

The bell rings and I catch Cheryl before she leaves for her next class.

"Hey, do you wanna meet at Pop's later?"

"Yeah sure. 7?" She smiles at me.

"See you there Blossom." I smile to myself and walk away.

———

Cheryl's POV

I was over at Veronica's house after school because I needed some advice.

"Veronica, can I get some advice on something?"

"If this is about the serpent girl you're always talking to, you just ask her out already." She says not looking away from her phone.

"Damn. How in the world did—" She interrupts. "Did I figure it out? It's so obvious, even Archie figured it out." She said, setting her phone down and sitting next to me on the bed.

"Okay. Well I would ask her out, I mean I think she likes me, but I don't know. I have no idea if she even likes girls and if she doesn't, that would be completely embarrassing. So I don't know what to do." I admit.

"You might not know if she's on your team. But there is someone who might." She says. "Jughead. You should ask him."

I pick up my phone and call Jughead.

Jughead's POV

I was just peacefully watching TV with Toni until I got a call from Cheryl.

"Who is it?" Toni asks.

"Cheryl." I say, picking up the call.

*phone call*

Cheryl: Hey Jughead.

Jughead: Cheryl Blossom. To what do I owe this pleasure?

Cheryl: I wanted to ask you something. It's about Toni.

Jughead: Go ahead.

Cheryl: So... is Toni like... into girls or whatever?

Jughead: Hmm. Toni? Yes she is into girls Cheryl, why do you ask?

Cheryl: Because I like her. Duh. (she chuckles softly) Well thanks, Jug.

Jughead: No problem Cheryl.

*phone call ends*

"Well... what did she say?" Toni asks right away.

"I think you heard what she said."

"I did. Why did she ask that though?"

"Not my place to tell you." Toni crosses her arms. "You like her, don't you?"

"Of course I like her, Jug."

"I think you should tell her that." Toni doesn't respond, just looks down at her feet.

Cheryl's POV

"What'd he say?" Veronica asks.

"He said she does." I smile as I set my phone down.

"That's great. You should ask her out. You guys would be so cute." She says.

"Maybe."