6: Choni?

Cheryl's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. The sheets and blankets were black, with green pillows. I saw band posters and polaroids on the walls. There were snakes everywhere. I suddenly remembered what happened last night and smiled to myself. I grab one of Toni's band tees, get dressed, and walk out to the kitchen.

I see Toni cooking breakfast and dancing. She looks so cute in the morning. I decide to be a little bold and hug her from behind. She tenses up a little until she realizes it's just me.

"Hey." I smile at her.

"Hey." She says.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask as she turns around to face. My hands are still around her waist as hers fine their way to my neck.

"Amazing." Is all she says before leaning in to kiss me. I smile into it after a second and I feel her do the same.

After a minute, we both pull away, smiling. "Want some bacon?" She asks.

I nod as she hands me a plate. She quickly pecks my cheek and walks to the table.

We sit down and eat for a while. Neither of us actually talked to each other, we kinda just sat in silence. Every once in a while, one of us would look up and smile, then look back down.

Once we both finish, I get a text from Betty.

"Jughead and Betty just asked if we wanted to go to Pop's later for lunch. Do you wanna go?"

"Yeah, sounds good. I'll go take a shower." She replies.

———

Toni's POV

When Cheryl and I walk into Pop's, we see Betty and Jughead sitting next to each other in a booth. We sit down and order milkshakes and food.

"Ok, did you guys know about Fangs and Kev?" Betty asks. "I mean honestly I feel like I'm the last one to know."

"Yeah, I mean, Fangs is one of my best friends, he tells me everything." I reply.

"Well, Betty, I didn't even know Kevin and Fangs were friends. So, you knew before me." Cheryl says.

"I've always shipped them." Jughead says as the food and milkshakes get here. "Also does anyone know what's going on with Veronica and Archie?"

"No clue. Things seem tense between them though." Cheryl says.

"So. How's Choni doing?" Betty asks, changing the subject.

"Choni?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"What is Choni?" Cheryl says at almost the exact same time.

"Your ship name. Duh. Aren't you guys dating?" Jughead asks and Cheryl's eyes widen.

"Wh-why would you think that?" I stutter.

"Don't even try to hide it, I saw you guys kiss last week." Betty smirks. "Also Cheryl's wearing your shirt."

"Um..." Cheryl and I just look at each other and don't say anything else.

"So, you guys aren't dating? I'm confused now." Jughead says, taking a bite of his burger.

"We haven't exactly talked...about it yet." I admit, taking my eyes of Cheryl's and looking down instead.

"Oh..." Betty starts, looking over at Jughead. "Well, Jug. I think I left my wallet in the car. Can you come help me find it?"

"Sure babe."

"Wait... you're not serious... are you?" I ask, hinting him to not leave me alone with Cheryl after that conversation.

"Yeah well, I think you and Cheryl have something to talk about." He says, winking at me as he and Betty get out of the booth and walk out of the restaurant.

"Listen... we don't have to talk about last week. Or last night, if you don't want to." Cheryl looks over at me.

"I-I think we should. How do you... feel about it?" I ask.

"Last night was amazing. And Toni, I really like you. I want you to be mine and for everyone to know that. But we can be whatever you want us to be. And if you aren't looking for a relationship or anything, I think I can live with that." She starts to ramble a bit.

"No...no." I reassure her by grabbing her hands. "I really like you too Cheryl. I want to be your girlfriend more than anything." I look into her eyes.

"You do?" She asks. I nod and put my hand on her cheek.

"So will you? Be my girlfriend?" She asks.

I smile and kiss her. "Of course I will." She smiles and I lean in to kiss her again, but get interrupted when we hear a knocking on the window next to our seat.

Cheryl and I look over to see Jughead and Betty giving a thumbs up and smiling. "Oh my god." I blush and lean my forehead on Cheryl's shoulder while they walk back inside.

"Seriously?" I say to them chuckling as Cheryl just continues to smile at me.

"I'm so happy my ship has finally officially sailed." Betty claps as Cheryl and I roll our eyes. "I gotta text Kevin and Veronica right away!!"

A/N
I miss Riverdale so much. I honestly cannot wait for October. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!