16: Okay

Toni's POV

I took Cheryl back to my trailer and made her some tea. She sat on the couch and just got lost in whatever show was on.

"Hey... how are you feeling?" I ask cautiously, sitting next to her.

"A little better." She looks at me with a small smile.

"Cheryl... do you want to tell me what happened?" I softly placed my hand on hers.

She takes a deep breath and nods.

She explained it My heart shattered. It was my fault. She almost got raped because I punched Reggie.

"Cheryl... I'm so sorry." I let one tear run down my cheek. "It's my fault."

"No." She wiped away my tear. "It's not Toni."

"But if I didn't hit Reggie, Nick wouldn't have been so mad."

"Hey... I don't blame you at all." She pulled me into her. "Nick's the one at fault here. Not you. So you have no reason to feel guilty."

"Okay." I lean in and kiss her softly. "What do you wanna do now?" I pull her in to cuddle with me.

"I want to sit here." She looks up at me. "I just want to sit here with you, forever."

I smile at her and kiss her forehead. "Then that's what we'll do."

Nick was so fucking dead.

———

I drove Cheryl to school the next day. I didn't want her to go but she thought she should.

I was about to get back on my motorcycle, when I saw Nick. He was with the other bulldogs, laughing.

"Toni? What are you doing?" Cheryl asked worried, as she saw me storm over to him. I didn't know what I was doing to be completely honest.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I shoved him. Everyone looked at me.

"Woah, what's wrong, princess?" Nick asked, innocently laughing.

"You know what's wrong. I swear to god, if you lay a hand on her..." Cheryl came up and started whispering for me stop and pulling on me gently. I looked at her and sighed. "Just leave her alone, okay?" I said, a little calmer.

"Whatever." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Cheryl.

"Hey, it's okay." She rubs my arm softly. "I know you're mad, I am too, but I just want to forget about this."

"Okay." I slowly intertwine our fingers and play with the ring on her finger. "I don't know how you do it. You've been through so much, and you're so brave."

"I don't know how I do it either." She looks at me. "I should probably go to class."

"Yeah. I'll see you after school."

"Bye." She pecks my lips.

Cheryl's POV

I walked into class and sat next to Betty.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She whispers.

"I'm okay, Betty." I say softly.

"That's good. I'm so sorry that happened to you." She says sincerely. I just smile at her faintly.

Although I spent the rest of the day thinking if I really am okay.