8: I Promise

Toni's POV

Heather has been trying to convince me for days now that Cheryl cheated on her. I know she's trying to break us up because why else would it matter to her? But I believe Cheryl.

"Toni, I promise you, I'm just trying to help you. I don't want to get hurt the way I did." She says, yet again.

"Heather, I don't believe you. Can you just leave me alone!?" I yell at her.

"Whatever."

Also, no. Cheryl does not know Heather's been bothering me. I don't want to tell her because I know she'll get mad at her and it'll all start some stupid drama and shit.

I don't want any of that. I just want to be able to go out with my girlfriend without being harassed by her ex. Telling Cheryl won't change that.

"You know what Toni? I'm done trying to play nice. You're right. I loved her. I still do. And I know somewhere in her heart she loves me. If you don't break up with her..." She starts, moving closer to my face. "I'll kill you..." She whispers and walks away.

———

Cheryl's POV

It was 2am and pouring rain when I heard the doorbell of Thistlehouse ring like eight times.

"Kevin? Veronica? What hell are you two doing at here at two in the morning? And could you be any louder? Would you like wake my demon of a mother that's sleeping upstairs?" I say, opening the door.

"Cheryl we need to talk." They bursted in.

"And whatever you have to say couldn't wait until tomorrow at school? You couldn't maybe sent a text?"

"It's about Toni." Veronica says, sitting down on the couch.

"What? Is she okay?"

"Yeah... yeah I think so." Kevin says.

"You think so? What does that mean?" I ask, but don't get a response for a while.

"Go on Kev... tell her." Veronica whispers.

"I was in the lounge the other day...and I saw Toni and Heather talking. At first it was calm and Heather was just being Heather and trying to convince Toni you cheated on her. Obviously Toni said she didn't believe her and yelled at her...then..." He says.

"Then what?"

"She threatened Toni... Cheryl... she said if she didn't break up with you... she'd kill her."

"Wh-what?" I stutter.

"Cher... I don't think she's serious..." Veronica says.

"She sounded pretty serious to me..." Kevin says quietly.

"Why... why wouldn't Toni talk to me about it? And why did you guys come in the middle of the night?" I start to panic a little.

"We just had to let you know in case Toni didn't tell you. Look, we should go, but you need to talk to Toni." I sigh as I see walk them out. "Sorry for bursting in."

I call Toni right away.

*phone call*

Toni: Cheryl? Why are you calling me at two in the morning?

Cheryl: To let you know I'm coming over right now.

Toni: Cheryl what-

Cheryl: Look I'll explain when I get there, see you in a few minutes.

Toni: Umm okay.

*phone call ended*

———

Toni's POV

What hell was going on? I thought to myself as I heard Cheryl pull up to my trailer.

"Cheryl can you please explain now?" I ask, letting her in.

"Did Heather threaten to kill you?"

Oh shit.

"Um... maybe?" I rub the back of my neck.

"Maybe? Why wouldn't you tell me about this Toni? This is serious!"

"I don't think she was being serious." I looked away from her.

"Toni she is." She sighed. "I know she is."

"Cher—"

"She killed Jason." She interrupted, and my heart almost stops.

"What?" I take her hand and we sit on the couch. "I thought you said your dad killed him."

"That's what the police think. But I know the truth. She killed my brother. I know what she's capable of."

"Cheryl, why is she not... like in jail? And who else knows about this?"

"Only Betty knows. But Heather's got the police convinced it was my dad. I just don't have any evidence to prove she did it. But I know she did because she did it right in front of my face." By this point, Cheryl was crying.

"Cheryl... I had no idea. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you about this earlier... I just didn't want to worry you. I didn't think she meant it."

"Toni... I've lost everyone I loved. JJ. My father. Heather, believe it or not. I lost the good that I saw in her to the darkness that was slowly forming. I can't lose you too."

"Hey..." I grab her hands. "You won't lose me. Okay? I promise I'm not going anywhere." I wipe away one of her tears.

"Toni... what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know. But we'll figure it out. I promise." I kiss her forehead and she lays in my arms.

A/N
I'm backkk and so is Heather...