4: Listen

Cheryl's POV

Right now Toni and I were at Pop's. We'd been talking for about fifteen minutes when suddenly she asked me this...

"So. Why did you ask Jughead if I liked girls?"

"He told you?" I asked, annoyed.

"I was there when you called him."

"Oh I just. I have a friend, who... you know I was thinking I could set you up with." I quickly said. I know I should've just told her the truth but I panicked. That was the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh." She sounded a bit disappointed. "So... we should talk about the project."

"Yeah. Do you have an idea what we're supposed to do?"

"No clue." She said as we both laughed.

"Well, we're off to a great start."

"Yep."

———

Toni's POV

We as we walked out of Pop's, Cheryl walked me to my motorcycle.

"So... listen. This was fun. But I need to tell you something." She started and I looked at her. "The reason I asked Jughead about you... is... well I... I..." She couldn't get whatever she had to say out.

She stopped talking and looked at my lips for a second, before quickly leaning in to kiss me.

I didn't retaliate out of surprise. I was in complete shock. She pulled away.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Toni."

"Cheryl, wait!" I yelled as she ran to her car and drove off.

Betty's POV

So I was just having dinner with my mother at Pop's when I look out the window to see Cheryl and Toni kissing. I mean, I didn't see what happened after that, but all I can say is I knew it. I knew they were gonna date. You can't argue with the chemistry they've had from the beginning. I hardcore ship it.

Cheryl's POV

I kissed her. What is wrong with me?

What am I supposed to do now? She didn't kiss me back and I just ran away. I can't talk to her again, not after that disaster.

What did I do!?

Toni's POV

Cheryl kissed me. But I was so shaken, I didn't kiss her back. Shit. I really need to talk to her.

I call and she doesn't pick up.

I call again and she doesn't pick up.

What the hell just happened?

A/N
Sorry this chapter was short but I need a time jump between this one and the next one.