13: Nightmare

*small mention of suicide in this chapter

Toni's POV

I woke up next to Cheryl at my trailer. She was sound asleep. She looked so cute and I didn't want to wake her so I just didn't move.

After a minute or two I saw her move around a lot and say things like "No. Don't do it." I thought she was was having a nightmare so I woke her up quickly.

"Cheryl? Are you okay?" I say, worriedly.

"No. I had a nightmare." She says looking away from me.

"What happened?" I put my hand on her cheek and softly rub it with my thumb.

"Heather... she... she killed you." She barely gets out. I pull her closer to me, put her head in the crook of my neck, and rub my hand up and down her back. She started crying.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay. I'm fine. I'm not going anywhere, and Heather can't ever hurt you or me. She's gone, Cher." I say.

"I love you so much, Toni." She says, moving her face up so she can look into my eyes.

"I love you too." I lean in and place a gentle, quick kiss on her lips.

"Can we just stay in bed all day?" She asks.

"Cheryl..." I tilt my head slightly.

"Please." She whispers. I can't help but give in. I sigh and say, "Okay."

She cuddles into me and I could feel her breathing slow down as she fell back asleep.

———

Betty's POV

"Jug?" I say, sitting across from Jughead at his trailer.

"Yeah, babe?" I says, not looking up at me.

"Do you think Cheryl is gonna be okay?" I say.

"Yes. I do." He looks up. "She has Toni. Heather was hurting her and once she gets over the initial shock, I think she'll be okay."

"I'm just really worried about her." I say. "Do you remember when Cheryl tried to kill herself last year?" He nods. "That was because of Heather." I look down at my feet.

"Betty... listen to me." He says, grabbing my hand. "Heather is gone. She can never hurt anyone again, okay? If anything this whole thing should be a relief."

"I guess you're right." He smiles at me and kisses me. "This whole nightmare is finally over."

A/N
Hey. So I'm still going through a hard time but here's a quick chapter because I felt like I owed it to you guys. It was just a filler but yeah.