Twelve

Torn.

Broken.

Destroyed.

The two sat on opposite sides of the same door feeling as though nothing could be worse. For once she felt ache where she hadn't before. Again, she was the one who always got away.They each prayed the other would open the door and hold each other forever.

But that's not reality now is it.

She slowly stood up and walked away tugging her things behind her. Tears filled her eyes as she ttried to hold hreself up for she knew this was for the better. Rubbing small circles on where the ring had once sat, her aching heart only became worse.

As for him, HE angrily got up and began throwing things. Anything he could lift. His screams were ringing through out the house that now felt empty, but wasn't.

"WHY!!!!!!" HE screamed.

The door swung open and revealed the blue pegasus throwing everything he could.  

"Soarin. Hey, Buddy. Look at me." Flash spoke quietly.

"GO home Flash! Go to your perfect family with your princess." Soarin glared at him from over his shoulder.

"No, Soarin. You need to stop. Would Rainbow want this?" Flash tried to reason with him.

At last Soarin turned around to face his friend. "I dont know what she wants anymore. She's gone. She doesn't want me, when she's the one who said yes. I love her with all my heart. I love all three of them." He threw something again.

"Soarin!" Flash grabbed him by the mane. "If you love her. Go after her."

"I can't. She doesn't want me to. She needs herself, no one else." Soarin picked up a picture of the two pegasi. He had finally broke when he looked at the pure love they both showed in the picture. "Guess I don't need her."

Storming up to his bed room he collapsed onto the bed. Shutting his eyes so tight, hoping this was all a dream. A sick twisted nightmare. Failing to 'wake up', he cried himself to sleep that night hold his hind legs under him as he did as a young colt.

Rainbow Dash flew through the skies reaching her destination as the final daylight had gone down beneath the land below. Her thoughts only consisted of Soarin. Strolling up to her destination her heart ached even more.

The door in front of her swung open and a hoof was extended outward to her. She looked inot their mysterious eyes and sighed.

"Come in, my dear." he snickered, leading the pregnant pony through the front dor of the small house.