Thirteen

"Rainbow Dash! You have to talk to him!" Bucky yelled out throughout the small townhouse.

"I don't have to do squat. Except take care of myself and my foals." Dash yelled back.

Small wails pierced the thick silence between the two. The beautiful white mare came down glaring at the two holding the small filly in her forelegs. She gave each of them a 'Really?' Look and sighed stepping close to her friend.

"He's right, Dash." Mary spoke up rocking the baby filly, trying to rock her to sleep. "You have children together and soon enough they will be here."  She poked at Dash's stomach.

"I'm suffocated. I can't do it anymore." Rainbow was fed up. "I need space."

"So instead of telling him that you ripped his heart out. Smart move, Dash." Bucky snipped at her.

"I had no where else to go that Soarin' wouldn't find me, and I'm considering finding a new place to go." Rainbow tried to stand up finding it too difficult to do so.

"We are only trying to get you on the right path." Mary sighed.

"So I need a colt to be on the right path, is that right?" Rainbow snipped.

"No, but I need Bucky here to help me with one, I can't imagine how much help you'll need with two." Mary reasoned.

"I'll be fine I'm a strong pony."

"I thought so too. Until I had to deal with Rocky here. Everything changed for me then." Mary sighed.

"Stop telling me I can't do it. I can." Rainbow insisted

"God Dash you are so persistent." Bucky rolled his eyes taking Rocky to bed.

"I'll be up in a minute." Mary called out. "You love him right? Then why are you so determined to do this on your own when you can barely get up on your own. Goodnight Rainbow Dash." She left leaving Dash to deal with her own thoughts.

'Why am I being so persistent? I love Soarin with all my heart. He trusted me with his heart and I broke it. He gave me loyalty when I just left. So much for power of loyalty. Maybe I should go home. But would Soarin still love me? Or will he push me away for hurting him so badly? I don't care because no matter what I'm going home.'

Dash took off toward the door and started toward the sky. The wind fought hard against her and pushed her back towards the ground. She landed with a thud outside Bucky's front door.

"Dash!" He came running out to her rescue.

"Ouch." She blew out a breath.

"Are you okay?" He helped her stand.

"Yeah I think so." She moved around her wings and checking for kicks that the twins were okay. "My wing is sprained but we are all okay." She sighed.

"I'm taking you to the doctor." He pulled her to the hospital. "My sister fell from flying can we get her and her twins checked out." He told the receptionist after they got there.

The receptionist handed over some papers and got a doctor. He came over with a smile on his face. After exanimating her wounds and checking on the foals.

"Everything seems to be fine here. However Your wing is definitely sprained. Youll need to be off of it for two weeks and be careful. You can go now if you'd like." He took leave dismissing the pair.

"Guess you have to stick around then." Bucky smiled.

"You want me to stay?" Dash sat up.

"No, but doctors orders, plus the nearest train station is a whole day's walk away from here. You cant handle it so you are stuck here for two weeks until you can run home to your true love." He mimicked a fairy tale.

"Shut up and help me." She stuck her foreleg out as he helped her stand up.

They walked side by side to the house, walking in laughing. Mary greeted them both with a hug and helped Dash get settled in the guest room.

"Alright well get some rest Rainbow." Mary smiled closing the door behind her.

"I'm an idiot." Dash said to herself quietly.