03 / нєя иαмє ιѕ мѕ. ωιитєяѕ✤

august 19th, same day

.

.

.

As the students work into their homework, Aiden takes a moment's pause to survey the room with the elusive teenage girl who walked him here.

"Whatcha looking for?" 

Aiden turns his head to the owner's voice, Kian, with the ever present searching eyes. Aiden scratches off a number off his worksheet before he shakes his head in dismissal.

"Nothing. I was just wondering about something." Kian nods with a sly smile as he chances a look at the girl in sight. He gestures with his chin towards the person in tow.

"You talkin' about Lilian?" Kian asks with knowing smirk, which then falls into a scowl at the annoyed look the math teacher gives to him. He adjusts his worksheet and scribbles a drawing on the side, before he slightly nudges Aiden. Aiden hums a slight noise of acknowledgement.

"I can tell you about her at lunch." He suggests, and Aiden momentarily tenses, before he gives a slight nod.

"Alright."

Kian's hands clasp together as he takes a look back towards the moody girl in sight, and he becomes slightly disappointed, before he places his attention to the unfinished worksheet.

-

The bell rings again and the students file out of the classroom to reach the lunch tables on the bottom floor. Aiden slings his backpack over his shoulder, while Kian rapidly motions for him to get out the door.

"Are you serious? You can't be new and slow, dude. Those two things don't add up." Kian explains with a roll of his eyes. Aiden scoffs before he resumes his walk out the door, leaving Kian the only one in the classroom  to knock against the door forcefully to wake the sleeping girl in the back.

"Lils!" He yells out in anticipation of her fiery anger to catapult against him for the overused nickname, and anger at him in general. Instead, she falls out of her seat in shock. Kian races over to her, assembling her things before he gives her a hand. She glances at it with contempt, then blowing the bangs out of her face, harshly grabbing her things from his hands.

He sheepishly rubs the nape of his neck with a cough. "You don't want me to help you either?"

Lilian's eyes show nothing but bitterness and regret as she bumps his shoulder on the way out. A heavy sigh comes out of him as his focus studies his shoes, and not the way his heart still longed for her.

-

As he makes his way towards the lunchroom, Kian's emerald eyes roam over the entire cafeteria for the new kid. He scoffs with his arms thrown up in the air.

The kid probably got lost.

He chews over his bottom lip for a while until he's tapped on his shoulder. He turns his head to see a brightly smiling Aiden Rose looking at him with excitement. Kian furrows his eyebrows and open his mouth, but-

"I found the bathroom. It's really nice in there." Kian skeptically looks him over before realization hits him smack in the face.

"Did you play with the automatic facets or something?"

"And the soap dispenser."

Kian rolls his eyes with a chuckle as he makes his way through the lunchroom with a cheerful Aiden behind him. They gather their food, and Aiden reluctantly sits down, managing to keep his soup intact to its pathway to the table. Kian munches on some of his fries, while Aiden stirs his soup around in contemplation.