11 / ωнσα тнєяє! (ℓ)✤

uh so... get ready lmao

.

.

.

When I wake up the next morning, I can barely open my eyes. I groan quietly to myself, dreading the puffy eye bags and eyelids I'll be seeing.

Knock, knock.

"Hey, you got school this morning. Up, up." My father peaks his head in the door, then grimacing at the pulled blinds. He looks at me staring at the ceiling and starts to rapidly knock on my bedroom door. I turn my head to him and he sends me a grin, closing the door.

As the door shuts closed, I throw the covers off my body.

Hands on my face, I lick over my lips in concentration. I lift my head and survey my desk containing my contact lenses, and in a corner my brown glasses' case.

How do I cover these eye bags?

Contacts might suck to put in with how thick these feel.

I frown when I realize my only viable solution - glasses.

I rise from my bed and walk over to my desk table, reaching my hand towards the case. I cradle them, black & round-shaped with the brand's name written on the side. I raise them to my face and inhale a few reassuring breaths. I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm overwhelmed with the thought.

I look like Velma.

My fingers shoot up to fling them off my face, but the longer I saw myself in the mirror, the more it seemed childish.

I'm being dumb, that's all it is! No one will care, it's fine.

-

I readjust my backpack on my shoulder once or twice, trying to not fidget with these huge glasses on my face.

I should be fine.

I pull the school's doors open and brace myself for the swarm of students. My eyes stay at the floor, aiming to get to my first period class without any chaos. Some blockheads full on bump into me, sending me a little backwards. I pause, continuing to walk with my head down.

You're fine, it's okay. No one has noticed!

I slip into the somewhat empty classroom and settle myself in at my desk. I try to ignore some of the disgusted looks some of the girls and boys alike send me.

I tuck a few locks of my hair behind my ear as I take out a random notebook to sleep on for the class. Satisfied, I drop my bag to the floor and make some space for me to sleep. Once my head lays into my arms, I feel a harsh tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I snap, not bothering to remove my head.

"Are those glasses on your face right now?" I hear a kid snicker with his friend.

I flare my nostrils in annoyance, raising my head to put my chin in my hand. My eyes flicker in between them, both tall and sporting a mini stubble dotting along their jaw. They resume to laugh into their hands, and my mouth opens to defend myself, before it shuts in guilt.

"A classic look for an asshole like you. Fitting." One of them remarks, and I cross my arms, then letting my hands fall into my lap. My hand raises to push my glasses up my nose, but it freezes in mid-air as one of them leans into my ear.

"Bet it's not so nice to be on the receiving end, my dear." He whispers, heat ambushing my ear as my whole body tenses.

They walk off confidently while I adjust my glasses upon my nose. I take a shaky breath in, wanting to calm my current turbulent emotions.