12 / í'm αwαkє ✤

hey! sorry i've been out, just needed a break from posting >_<

this will be in aiden's perspective after lilian ran.

.

.

.

I pushed open the door with a grimace on my face as I made my way to my seat. Flashes of the way her face immediately fell, and how she stiffened looking at her phone didn't bode well with me. Plus, it didn't help how she practically bolted like an Olympian sprinter through the hallways.

What happened?

Should I run to find her?

"Why do you look like someone layed one on your lawn?"

I played with my pencil, spinning it around my fingers in contemplation.

"I..., it's nothing." I awkwardly smiled at my blank desk. But Kian must've been too nosy to just let it drop.

"Obviously it's not. You sure?"

I looked up to the clock and back towards him with a heavy breath moving out of my mouth. I rubbed my lips together in thought with my gaze to my floor, hoping that at least Lilian would benefit.

"It's Lilian. She just ran off."

Kian's eyebrows drew together and his lips curved downward into a frown while one of his hands curled into a fist. I'm not all too observant, but it looked like his eye color darkened even by the tiniest bit at the revelation.

"Mierda." Kian mutters and my eyebrows rose in shock, confusion riddling itself allover my face.

Kian glances at me and starts to draw his bag onto his lap. Not paying mind to me glubbering like a fish in confusion, he shuffles his things into his bag, before slinging the backpack onto his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, trying to avoid the teacher's hawk eye's roaming around the classroom.

"I might be late to soccer practice. Could you tell the coach for me?" His eyes flick towards the board and me, almost as if he was choosing a decision or not. But, the teacher already made the decision for him.

"Mr. Carter? Care to explain why you've cleared your desk at the start of the class? You are not going to learn?" The teacher scolds with narrowed eyes.

From the looks of it, Kian was in no place to answer it, so who else?

I started to exaggeratedly cough into my elbow, causing the attention to fall onto me. Really feeling it, I hacked out an imaginary furball from my throat, employing any type of dramatics my father would've done. The students all around me started to look at me with disgust. From the corner of my eye, I saw Kian slack in relief at my theatrics.

"Ugh, get him to a nurse!" A kid shouted from the back of the room, and the rest started to agree as the teacher backed away from me.

"Yes, could someone take him?" The teacher glanced around the room for a volunteer, but Kian patted my back with a raise of his hand.

"I could!" Kian yelled.

The teacher scrunched their eyebrows and opened their mouth to comment, but I faked a mucous filled sneeze through a snort of my nose. The teacher's jaw fell in repulsion, shooing us out the door to take care of it.

"Thank you!" I said as I covered my mouth with my nose, rushing out the door hunched over with Kian leading me out.

.