08 / gσσdnєss grαcíσus ✤

next week

.

.

.

Aiden laced up his stark black cleats, and examined the way his socks rode up on his calf. He was currently without his glasses, which was already a rare look in itself.

Looks nice. He thought to himself as he looked himself over.

Suddenly, Kian came running over to him on the field waving his hands.

"Dude! Get off the bench! Come on!" Kian encouraged in his clad white garment that featured a torn muscle t-shirt and shorts that were an inch away from being too short.

Aiden drove a hand through his hair as he followed Kian in a jog to the center of the field. He stood at the very end of the line, filled with towering over 6ft guys, and some that looked around 5'10 at the latest. He stuck his tongue into his cheek, realizing he was probably an average height of 6'0. He tapped his cleat into the soft grass, as the coach started to ask a few questions.

"You there!" The coach yelled at the farthest end of the line. Aiden's head picked up from his study of the grass and stared bug-eyed at the stoic face of the stout coach.

"Yes, sir?" 

The coach walked from the center of the field and brought himself directly in front of Aiden. The coach gave him a once-over and flipped a piece of paper off his clipboard.

"You Aiden Rose?" The coach gruffly asked.

"That'd be me." Aiden affirmed.

The coach brought his clipboard to the back of him, and stepped back from the lean teenage boy. He rubbed at the stubble along his jaw as he eyed him. Aiden tried his hardest to not squirm under this man's hard gaze, only allowing himself to lean onto his left foot.

"You play left back?" The other players all turned to Aiden as he started to fix his posture.

"I've played it, yeah."

The coach nodded approvingly and took his clipboard out to circle his name in red ink. He pointed to Kian in the middle, "He's your wing, and if he's not there, I don't know, because then this team is a sorry piece of trash."

The guys start to rouse up in laughs, and even one starts to mock the coach until he raises his hand, and it falls silent. The coach puts his hand out to Aiden as his mood runs into the strict tone it had before. Aiden holds onto it as the coach aggressively shakes it.

"Welcome to the team. I'm Coach Asshole, because I'm a major asshole." Aiden breaks out into a small laugh, and places his hands behind him.

"I wasn't kidding." Aiden's face falls until the coach starts to slap at his knees.

"I'm just kiddin'! Real name's Coach Erwin." The coach faces the rest of the players and starts to cup around his mouth.

"NOW RUN AROUND THIS FIELD! I WANT TO SEE THOSE LEGS RUNNIN'! This is not your average try out!" Coach Erwin barks as the players mutter obscenities under their breath.

"Stop being sissies! The start is never as glorious as the finish, RUN DAMMIT!"

"Why don't you?!" One taunts, and coach starts to guffaw.

"Good one, Karen! 5 SUICIDES FOR YOU, BUDDY!" Said boy groans as he makes his way to the center of the field, and the rest is rushed past Aiden in a blur.

.

.

Aiden chugs on a Gatorade bottle filled with water, when he feels a slap onto his shoulder. He splutters in coughs, rubbing at his chest. He fixes a nasty glare on them, believing it to be Kian, until he scrunches his eyebrows in confusion.