06 / αw, чσu cutíє píє✤

.

.

.

He bashfully nodded as he jogged over to the car parked in her driveway. Behind his back, Lilian had the smallest of smiles appear on her face as she leisurely walked to the passenger side. Aiden hopped into the driver's seat and turned on the ignition as Lilian folded her hands in her lap and places her seat belt on.

"Um," He gestures to the radio as he maneuvers his seat belt on. She looks to him awaiting his finished sentence, and Aiden could feel himself sinking into a puddle of goo the more her eyes trained themselves on him. He looks into her eyes for a moment before he looks away with a cough as he places his hands on the wheel. Meanwhile, Lilian crosses her arms over her chest with a known smile.

"Do you want to change the radio channel? You can, if you want."

"Are you sure?" She asks as she tilts her head downward and he looks to her with a small laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Lilian's smile widens and she quickly finds her way with his radio. 90s hits of R&B and older tunes start to play throughout the vehicle as he pulls out of her driveway and into the road. He looks to the bar displaying the song name and he grins towards her.

"You enjoy 90s music?" She nods excitingly and he shakes his head in mirth.

"What? It's good stuff! Especially 80s, that's probably my favorite." He raises one hand off the wheel in mock-surrender.

"I didn't say it wasn't. I just didn't peg you for someone who listened to it. I just thought you'd probably like..."

"Indie? Alternative, maybe?" He nods with a short laugh while she prods at the radio controls.

"Understandable. A little judgy to just assume that- but understandable."

He almost tenses at the word judgy, as he had previously learned of her former "bitch" status, but he bites his lip to suppress it. Thankfully, Lilian was too enamored with the current song to notice any difference in him.

He taps his finger to the beat of the song absentmindedly and Lilian turns her head to him with a huge smile.

"You like it, don't you?" She questions with a teasing smile, and Aiden attempts to look in her eyes again, and he's glad of what he finds. Her grey-green eyes are shining with joy, and she seems more calm than tense of what he usually sees.

"Yeah, I do. Whatcha gonna do about it?" He playfully argued.

"Ask you where you're going." She quipped.

He widens his eyes for a second as he had completely forgot of his destination. He looks up at the traffic lights as it turns from yellow to red. He hums to himself for a second before he grabs at his phone in the cupholder and starts to tap in a few things. Lilian's eyebrows start to furrow in confusion, but before she can mention something, Aiden hands her his phone from the cupholder.

"I don't trust myself using the GPS like that while driving. Could you do that for me?"

Lilian bites her lip with a small nod, and she looks to him in anticipation.

"Oh, right. It's called Family Tree's Botanical Gardens." He says with reddening cheeks, hoping she wouldn't make fun of him for going to a garden. She pauses and starts to tap it in, and watches the app load the directions.

"You're not going to make fun of me for taking you to a garden?"

"Why would I?" She countered with a cross of her arms.