05 / уσυ'яє вєαυтιfυℓ✤

.

.

.

The door opened to the small suburban household with a small click. He closed the door behind himself as steadily as he could, until a small middle-aged woman with copper red hair came walking down the stairs.

Aiden gave an exasperated breath as he navigated himself to the kitchen, as his mom trailed him with her arms crossed. He turned his head to his mother, the woman with the glowing honey brown eyes, and hair that went to her back.

Mrs. Ally Rose tilted her head towards him and leaned on the counter, expecting a response. Instead, he fished out an apple from the fridge and turned to his mom with a piece in his mouth.

"Yes?" Aiden asked as he chewed his apple loudly.

"Nothing! I was just trying to ask you on school, and such."

Aiden chuckled and swung his arm around his mother's shoulder, as he towered over her leaving her to only reach his mid-arm. They walked over to the couch in the living room and plomped down with it, as Aiden ignored her small grunt of distress.

She crossed her arms and looked towards him sympathetically. "Your father's asleep. He was watching the big game and all."

Aiden nodded and started to admire the apple in all of its bright color. Ally stared at the apple for a few seconds before she rolled her eyes and smacked his shoulder for his attention.

"What!" He whispered in pain as he rubbed at his shoulder.

"How's school?" She asked with an eager smile.

Aiden took another bite from his apple as he gestured with his hand almost flip flopping between imaginary options. "You know, it's," He swallowed a piece and glanced at his mom for a second before he took another piece into his mouth.

"It's fine." He finished as he started to rub the inside of his arm. Ally placed a hand onto his shoulder and Aiden jolted as he feigned pain. She rolled her eyes and patted his shoulder in sympathy.

"I know it's a little hard, with how we had to move and everything because of your father's job offer. You had to leave all of your friends, and even that girlfriend of yours... What was her name? Suzy? Sunny? Samantha—"

"Sandra, mom. Sandra." Aiden answered with a roll of his eyes. Ally rose her hands in mock-surrender.

"Well, I'm sorry she looked more like she would grafitti the entire house as a date, I'm not sure."

"She was an artist, mom."

Ally scoffed with a shake of her head, "No, no."

Aiden rose from the couch to throw away his eaten apple, while his mother turned on the couch to face him.

"Do you like it though? You've made friends, right?" His mother asked worriedly.

Aiden laughed and ran a hand through his hair before he started his trek up the stairs. "Yes, mum. You don't need to worry about that."

Ally threw her hands up in the air in exasperation and mumbled to herself, "I try to be a parent, and that's what I get."

-

Aiden returned to his room with sweats across his waist and a towel drooped over his shoulder. He lightly shook his damp hair as he tiredly sat on his comforter. He drew a look around the bare walls, and the taped boxes that stacked themselves up against them. He sighed as he reached for his glasses but let his hand catch his phone instead. Almost without thinking, he tapped into the details of Lilian.