09 / dudє, чσu'rє mαkíng mє gígglє✤

the song i have is pretty great for the last section of the chapter. feel free to click it, if not it's ok lmao

.

.

.

Aiden almost topples out of his bed at the low voice that greets him.

"Is this Ryan McTurd?"

"Listen, don't be a douche. I'm just trying to talk to my friend who moved and left me out here in this hell pit."

Aiden lets a huge laugh leave him as Ryan's sardonic voice makes it way through the speakerphone.

"Is it really hell temperatures down there? I've only heard alligator horror stories, and to be honest I'd like to join."

"No? I leave for like a month and all of your IQ points left in my flight?" A melodramatic groan comes from the other side.

"Can you not with the insults? My feelings are getting hurt and you're not even in the same state."

Aiden retorts, "You insult me more, nitwit."

"You insult me more, nitwit." Ryan mocks back.

Aiden sits up on his sheets and starts to look for his sketchbook. Muffled noises of children yelling in the background causes Aiden's ears to perk.

"Are you still trying to babysit for that girl you liked?"

Ryan scoffs, "Heck no. It's a girl I like, and this time I'm just here to help supervise by hiding in their attic. But enough about me, how's it going down there?"

Aiden pencils in a few more petals as he thinks over his answer. "Fine, I guess. It could be worst." 

He admires the rosy pink that borders the petals while a loud yell comes through the phone. "For fucks sake, HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT?"

Aiden sniggers as he brings more detail to the drawing. "Hows it up there?" 

"Hold on," He curses to himself as the pencil tip breaks, paying no mind to Ryan's grumbling. "just go on video call. I can't stand this muffle shit I'm hearing."

Ryan's face soon pops up on Aiden's telephone screen, and he frowns. "You're still that ugly?"

Aiden's middle finger gets put in front of the camera as Ryan laughs at it. Ryan crosses his arms, and Aiden resumes his drawing.

"You know it's like everyone is mourning you here?" Aiden's lips quirk upward, but his eyes stay glued to the thorns he was creating.

"Even Sandra, y'know." The pencil pauses in its feat, before it lightly marks the sheet. Ryan pulls his face more to the camera, as if he was giving a conspiracy theory.

"Word on the street, she's already found a new beau." He spits the last word in disgust, and Aiden rolls his eyes at Ryan's exaggeration.

"You know I'm fine, right? I broke up with her buddy, not the other way around."

"I knew that, because you went crying to me first." Ryan puffs his chest up in pride.

Aiden's smile never left his face as he joked with one of his great friends through the night, but would never admit he missed him if he was asked.

He drowsily watched the chipper students file into the classroom, removing his glasses to set on his desk.

"I should've never stayed up the whole night talking to that jackass." Aiden quietly complains to himself, rubbing his exhausted eyes. He lies his head into his arms over the desk, careful to not bump his lenses to the corner, muttering incoherent statements.