Chapter 7 Sudden Realization

Charlie POV

I heard a loud crash and in stepped a large creature it had yellow teeth green skin and spoke with a nightmare- ish tone.

"ECHO I SAID I'D BE BACK" in mist of all the confusion echo never moved she was just staring in horror.

I decided to take action the royal guards came in at all directions. The creature never broke contact with echo not even once. I stood up and grabbed her causing her to break contact with him. I pushed her behind me taking a defensive stance' all that training better come to use' I thought to myself. Then all at once the guards roared as the ran for the demon it still didn't move I stepped back knowing he was planning something.

All of a sudden everyone was blown back by a gust of power I held onto echo using my body to shield her. We were thrown into the wall hard I couldn't move my anything I was paralyzed. Then I was lifted and thrown into the table when I looked back I saw it looming over her. With all the strength I could muster I slammed into the demon throwing it into the wall. Wow! Demon powers I guess I could get used to being a retainer. I turned a spoke.

"Run! Get out of here" I yelled at the three royal families just staring in shock at my strength. Leaning down to pick up echo and usher everyone out of the castle. All I can think about is getting echo out of here she hasn't move or spoke since it appeared. I heard a huge roar. I regret what I did next I sparred a glance the castle was burning a green flame that let me see the truth. A single tear escaped my eye as I had just realized my family was dead

ECHO POV

It felt like wasn't there I could hear and see what was happening as Charlie tackled the demon to the wall and picked me up. While we where running something she saw in the fire pulled a single tear from her face. I felt the anger and sorrow through our link the one thought I shouldn't have heard.

'Their dead'

With that I blacked out.

************

I was awoken by yelling I tried to move but I felt a immense amount of warmth. I opened my eyes and was shocked to see Charlie, the prince and princess laying beside me. Charlie was hugging in a defensive manner she must have put me here when I blacked out. I slowly rose not trying to wake anyone but I was gently pulled back by sleepy Charlie. I tried again this time she didn't pull me I walked out of the room towards the yelling only to hear the end.

"-he came for her he got into the castle we have to hunt it down a destroy it" the king was arguing with my father.

"You don't think I know that but we are not risking my daughters life for your kingdom!" he yelled back.

"Then send her with the militia we need this to end my children the heirs to the thrown could have been killed if it wasn't for that retainers quick thinking" he argued back. I have to admit If it wasn't for Charlie we would all be dead.

"I will not we have to do this right echo has to be the one to kill it if not she will die along with the sneaky son of a-" he stopped when be saw me standing in the doorway.

"I'm going to die?"