Chapter 14 Grief

ECHO POV

I was in a dark room with a white door and a bed it looked like a pretty normal room. I've been here for days I see the sun rise and fall through a window it even rains. For the first few days I was crying thinking about my moms death. After that I kind of went crazy you know the five stages of grief. When ever I look out I see people walking around minding their own business. It looks like a busy city there are cars and buildings.

At first I thought Everything up until now was just a dream but then I noticed that the people didn't have faces. They just mindlessly walk around I sit and watch as they go nowhere. I don't sleep and I'm never hungry I sit and think all day.

I thought about going through the door once then I realized if go I might not like what I find. I could stay in this room forever and never have to face life's challenges.

If I stay I might never see Charlie again.

This thought was one of many that always came to me.

I don't know where she is, ever since I passed out I haven't stopped thinking about her. I wonder if she is alive or if she got away and is trying to find me. I hope where ever she is that she is just even a little bit happy.

CHARLIE POV

I followed the woman through the door. As soon as I was in I felt like I was home but it was a far away feeling.

"What is oblivion?" I questioned.

"Oblivion is a place where supernaturals go if they have broken their limiter" she stated.

"Limiter?"

"Yes, a Limiter is a seal that you are born with. It keeps you powers in check so you don't go rogue"

"so echo broke her Limiter?"

"No, echo never had one she is a special case only three other supernaturals have had this....abnormality" she paused for a moment and looked at me.

"Echo isn't normal?"

"No and either are you my dear your are a esper as a retainer you are given a supernatural power of your own you can control any element"

"Wouldn't that mean I'm a elemental?" I question.

"No you can control all element not one"

"How come it's never happened?"

"you need to be registered as a supernatural In order to be given your seal. I need your help to wake up echo she is currently in a state were her body needs to rest I can't have you in the room when she wakes up she might be unstable" I looked at her and thought.

"echo would never hurt me" I said with confidence.

"if she feels better she will come out of the room"

ECHO POV

I believe I've been in here for a week I decided I would leave today. I slowly approached the door and looked back at the room I think I'm ready for what is beyond this boundary. I twisted the knob and was surprised to see she waited for me.