Chapter Seventeen

Deanna's P.O.V.

        "Deanna. Deanna get up." Someone tried to wake me up. I rolled over and opened my eyes. In a yawn "Hey Austin." He smiled at me and set a tray down on the side table. "Hey. The doctor said you need to eat all this." My eyes widened a little when I saw a stack of eggs and a bit of toast, And a water bottle. "Uh. I don't want to eat right now. I'm not hungry." I was however thirsty. I chugged half the water bottle before turning back to him. "Come on. The doctor said you have to eat this. Then you have an appointment with him. Then you can go home. Now eat it." I groaned."I don't think I can eat all of it. Maybe half. I'm really not hungry right now." I gave him the puppy dog eyes in hope he would give in in and not make me eat it all. "No. You need to eat it all. Uh...Fine I'm sure half would be good." Got it! I looked down at the plate then back to him. I grabbed the tray and set it on my lap. The smell of food made my stomach turn. Not in a good way.

        I quickly put the tray back and ran to the bathroom. Austin ran after me. He held my hair as I threw up. Once I finished I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste that they brought me yesterday. I brushed my teeth twice to get the taste out of my mouth. I put it back and walked back to the bed. I sat back and put my head in my hands. "Ugh. Austin can I eat it after the meeting? I don't want to throw up. I promise I'll eat half after." I looked at his hesitant face. " If you promise. The doctor said having a more solid diet will decrease the chance for a panic attack. So you need to eat it after." I nodded and got up. "Did you guys bring me a change of clothes?" He nodded and handed me a bag. "Sarah packed it." I nodded and went to the bathroom. Sarah packed me a new pair of undergarments, a pair of yoga pants, and a plain purple t-shirt. Nice and comfy, thanks Sarah. I got undressed and slipped on the new clothes. I walked out and put the bag with my old clothes by the bed. I grabbed the brush and well... brushed my hair. I pulled my hair up in  a high ponytail. After I was ready me and Austin waited for the doctor to come and get me. "When are we leaving for tour?" "In a week. Are you excited?" "Of course. I'm kinda nervous though. So many people are going to see. What if I forget the lyrics, or trip walking. I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself." "Hey It's my first tour too. I might mess up." I nodded. "Yeah but you have experience. You played on YouTube and stuff. People already know who you are." "Soon people will know you. When we get back to you want to sing a song on YouTube?" I nodded. "I guess so." He nodded and the door opened and in walked my doctor.

        "Hello Deanna, Austin. Did you have a good morning." I nodded and Austin opened his mouth to say something. Before he said anything I elbowed him to make him be quiet. "Is it time for the meeting?" "Yes it is. Austin can wait in the waiting room if he wants." I looked at him and Austin nodded and walked out. The doctor lead me down a long white hall way to his office. "Take a seat Deanna and we will get started." I sat down in the brown chair across from his desk. He took a seat and opened a folder. "Okay Deanna. I know about your father and I am terribly sorry." I shook my head. "I don't want any sympathy." He nodded. "Moving on. Have you made up with your friend?" I nodded. "What about you and that Austin boy?" I looked at him. "Is this therapy?! I don't need fucking therapy. Excuse my french." I stood up and walked to the door. "Deanna. Come and sit down." I looked at him and turned back looking at the door. "No. I don't need this. I don't want any sympathy! What happened happened and there is no going back. I already understand that! I'm okay with it. If it didn't happen I wouldn't have meet Sarah. Nor would I have meet Austin. All you need to know is that he is the best person on the planet. I thank my father for that. That only." Then I walked out and closed the door behind me.

        I walked back to my hospital room and slam the door behind me. There was a knock at the door. Before me stood a nurse. "Is something wrong? I heard your door slam." I shook my head with a smile. "Oh no that was me. I didn't expect it to close so fast like that. I apologize." She nodded and walked away. I closed the door more gently this time. I slid down with my back against the door. I rested my head on my knees. I sat there clearing my head for a minute before getting up and walking to the bathroom. I stood in front of the sink looking at myself in the mirror. I took off my glasses and turned on the cold water. I rubbed my face with cold water trying to stop thinking. Yeah like that would work! I dried my face and slipped back on my glasses. I turned to walk back to my room but Austin was standing there. "Wow! When did you get in here?" "I was in here the entire time. You were stressing about something so you didn't notice." "I'm sorry. I just.... Never mind. I don't even know anymore." I walked passes him and sat down on the bed.