Seventeen

"Valarie, Cheng Cheng is looking for you," Justin called for me.

"Go on, he won't do anything to you. Just answer all his questions alright?" Zhengting said as he urged me to go.

"Good luck, Valarie!" Linong encouraged. I smiled, wishing Xukun was here.

He was away, at someone's house called Yue Yue and Mu Ziyang. Probably some mission. I was just praying he didn't need to... kill anyone today.

I took a deep breath and entered Cheng Cheng's room, where he was sitting down on the couch, his legs crossed and drinking wine.
(A/N I can imagine him doing this like those rich ladies and it looks hilarious pft im sorry ily Cheng2)

"What do you want?" I asked.

"For you to tell me everything that your parents talked about in the room that day,"

I told him everything that my parents mentioned in the room that day.

From the Sentinal potion, to the effects it had, and how the Thana potion would fight the Sentinal potion.

"Okay. Noted," he nodded.

"So we're done?"

"Yeah," he said as I stood up, getting ready to leave.

"Oh, and.... I think it's better for you to not run away... to what? The galaxy, to the milky way," Cheng Cheng.

I sat back down.

"H-How did you know?"

"You don't know all his dirty secrets, Valarie. You don't know anything about him, Val," he said, ignoring my question.

"Don't call me Val," I growled.

"You only know a bit of all his secrets," he smirked.

"I know nearly as much as you. I know your jobs. You all kill. I know how you hate him because you liked me," I smirked. He looked taken aback.

"And hate him because he didn't allow you to save me. Though I'd rather follow Xukun's thoughts and for you to not rescue me last time, which you two didn't but still, because I willingly sacrificed myself for you two. And I don't regret it,"

"I know how you take the infected and kill them, how you bring those who break the rules to section 8. I know all those, Cheng Cheng,"

"So he didn't tell you the biggest secret of them all, did he?" Cheng Cheng chuckled.

"What?"

"He's the president's son. The previous president's son,"