Thirteen

"Sorry? What? They're alive?"

"And you're meeting them to find out more about the Thana disease. Now. Not my orders, neither Cheng Cheng's. Mr Zhang's. He knew that we had you captive, yet didn't do anything then. And now he wants to use you for information,"

I cursed as he stopped the car.

"Here, your parents are in here," he said as we got off the car.

"Valarie," Linong said weakly. The other 8 were all there.

"I hope everything will be alright," Zhangjing told me.

"Valarie Lin?"

"Mr Wang," all 9 of then bowed as I looked around, deciding to do the same.

"Yes, that's me,"

"Okay. Follow me then," he said as he strut off.

"Good luck, Valarie," Cheng Cheng smiled. For the first time. I must admit, looked charming.

"Everything is going to be fine Valarie, my angel," Xukun whispered as he squeezed my hand encouragingly.

I nodded as I followed after Jackson.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah... just nervous. My parents never treated me well anyways," I mummered. I thanked him soon after he gave me a earplug.

"It'll be alright. There's many of us watching,"

"Thank you Mr Wang,"

"Good luck, they're inside!" He smiled as he gestured towards a door. I took a deep breath and entered.

"Oh. Look, our dear daughter," my mother chuckled once I set a foot in.

"Ask them why they created the Thana disease," a voice came from the earplug. Probably Mr Zhang's.

"Why did you two create the Thana disease?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"So many people are dying right now because of it you know? Even.... even," I wanted to say, "me," but I realised that the officials were watching. I didn't want them to know.

"Luo Zheng," I came up with a name.

"Luo Zheng. He died because of it,"

"Who's that?"

"My very good friend,"

"I didn't know you had friends," my father chuckled. I clenched my fist together, holding back the punch I want to give him.

"Why. Why do you want to kill everyone? Why?" I shouted.

"Tell me. Tell me. Just fucking tell me, you pieces of fucking cunt! Just tell me, you mother fuckers, why did you kill the country? And Luo Zheng... my Luo Zheng,"

I knew they couldn't stand it when I curse. And when they're angry, they spill everything out.

"You want to know why? Because if we didn't, all of you will die an even more terrible death. By the Sentinal potion. A death that makes you feel as if your face is stung my bees. Your stomach will suddenly feel empty, you'll feel like you're starved for months, your throat will get dry, as if you hadn't has water for weeks. You will feel like your whole body is getting electrocuted. You'll stay that way til you can't take it, til you kill yourself. You'd prefer that over Thana disease? If we didn't create that potion, you all will die by the Sentinal poison, a poison created by our previous president. Oh, that evil thing. So evil, so smart... yet so gullible. He thought we were on his side, thinking of something worse than the Sentinal poison, but we created something, which causes a less painful death. If you got infected by both viruses, the Thana virus will win. The Thana virus, could fight the Sentinal virus and win. But we couldn't create something which cause an less painful death, because something that meets that criteria, would be too weak. We tried everything, only the Thana potion worked,"

"Okay. Understood. Thank you for testing so many potions on me, by the way," I nodded.

"Especially the Thana potion, which caused my illness today," I whispered into their ears.

"You're welcome, you slut of a daughter. A daughter we don't want to admit to having. A disgrace of the family," My father spat. I looked back, nodding.

"Understood sir. I understand you hate me, I understand I'm useless. I understand the only thing I'm good at is obeying and enduring all your shit. Thank you,"

And I left them.