Twenty Four

"You've been sleeping for like 12 hours... so you only have 8 hours left,"

8... hours... only?

"For god's sake, Xukun. I don't want to die," I sobbed.

"Is the cure not done yet? Is it not?"

Xukun looked down and shook his head.

"I'm sorry angel, you... have no hope to live anymore. I'm sorry, we tried our best," Xujun sniffled.

"Valarie!"

Ruibin came running in with Quanzhe, Wenjun, Zeren and Xinchun by his side.

"Valerie..." Ruibin sobbed as he went to my side, kneeling on his knees. Xukun smiled at me before nodding to my best friends, and left the room.

"Why are you here?" I muttered. I didn't want to let my brother see me in such a weak condition.

"Valarie," he whispered.

"Blossom," he said, the side of his lips tilted downwards. He always called me that.

"What will I do without you?" He sobbed, taking my hands in his. My best friends stood at the side, tears streaming down their faces.

"Look at you, hands ice cold, skin pale... it breaks my heart you know?" He sobbed.

"I'm sorry Ruibin," I whispered, my headache getting worse every second.

"Why are you apologising?"

"Don't apologise blossom. It's not your fault, it's mine for not appreciating you earlier, for not saving you from your hell of a parents though I was your damn neighbour,"

"I'll miss you so much Valarie, I love you,"

"I'll miss and love yo-" before I could finish, I fell into a state of unconsciousness once again.

─── ༺♡༻ ───

"Angel," I heard a whisper.

I looked towards my right.

"Kun?" I questioned as my eyes widened.

"Let me get you out,"

"No, there's no hope of getting me out.

"How did you even manage to come into my parent's headquarters?"

It's been a month since I became their lab rat.

"And why did you come only after so long?"

"After the fire, we had no where to go. We tried finding our parents, I mean the others tried because I couldn't, but all of us failed to do so. We've been wandering around the streets for the past month," he explained while trying to unlock the door to my 'jail cell,'

"Valarie, try this,"

"Hide, Kun!" I ushered.

"What potion is it now?" I said, trying to distract them.

"The Thana potion," my mother replied as she handed it to me.

"You? Why are you here?" My father growled.

"Fuck," Xukun cursed.

"You want to help your little girlfriend? Why not you drink it too?" My father thrusted the Thana potion to him. He nodded and drank it.