Twenty Three

"Come on!"

"Quickly, Cheng. Quickly, Huang!" I shouted as I helped the older up. Minghao, only being 12 at that point of time, was weak and was lagging behind. Cheng Cheng, being the kind soul he was, was staying by Minghao's side, whispering encouragement to keep him going from time to time. He unfortunately fell down and hence, I was helping him up.

The flames were eating us up, slowly creeping closer and closer. We didn't even know how the fire started, but all 10 of us were trying to escape.

"Oh god, run ahead, I'll be right behind you,"

Cheng Cheng piggy backed Minghao as they ran ahead. I stood behind, flames hitting my bare skin now and then, blocking them from the monster called the fire. My throat hurt, and eyes stang, but I wasn't giving up.

Too bad I just had to fall and trip due to the tears in my eyes that made me not be able to see properly.

"God, Zhengting, take this child," Cheng Cheng groaned as he shoved Minghao to Zhengting's side.

"Come on buttercup. You can do it, get up," Cheng Cheng muttered as he helped me up.

"What are you two doing here, quick!" Xukun called.

"She fell down, jerk. Do you not care about your girlfriend's injury?"

"For fuck's sake, Fan Cheng Cheng! You think of care about her injury, when we're fucking dying? As much as I love her, we're literally gonna die!" Xukun shouted as he grabbed me and Cheng Cheng.

"Stop!" My mother shouted.

"Great, look. We are dead now," Xukun said as he broke out into a sprint, dragging us along.

"Bang!"

The grip on my arms weakened as Xukun fell to the ground. It was nothing severe, but his foot was bleeding.

"Come with us!" My father growled.

"Take me! Let the other two go!" I cried.

I turned towards Cheng Cheng, whom was helping the injured Xukun up.

"No! Don't!" Cheng Cheng screamed.

"You want to take all the poisons we created yourself?"

"Yeah. Without arguments,"

"Go. Xukun and Cheng Cheng, go. And if you tell others what happened here, your little girlfriend," my mother glared at Xukun, "or your little crush," she smirked at Cheng Cheng, "will die," she placed her hands and moved it past her throat, indicating my death.

"Let me beat the crap out of them," Cheng Cheng growled as he launched foward, Xukun holding him back.

"Xukun, Cheng Cheng!" I screamed.

"Go! Run away! And never come back!" Tears flowed down my face, half from the panic and half from the smoke entering my widened eyes. Cheng Cheng flashed a snarl as he wanted to pounce foward.

"I'm sorry angel," Xukun mouthed as he dragged Cheng Cheng away.

I stared at their back, unregretful of my actions.

"Sacrificing yourself for your two friends? A loyal little soul, aren't you?" My mother chuckled.

"Xukun ah... Xukun, run away, far away," I muttered as my eyes burst open.

"Xukun..." I sobbed.

"Ahh... it's alright angel, I'm here," he whispered as he bent down, his tender lips meeting mine.

"I... Am I dying?" I asked weakly as we separated, tears flowing down both of our cheeks.

"I-"

"Tell me, Xukun. Am I dying?" I whispered, barely having energy to talk.

"Yes. You are," His voice cracked. Cracked, like my world.

─── ༺♡༻ ───

Second last chapter whoo