Eighteen

"What? So what?"

"What do you mean so what? The previous president, like you mentioned, created the Sentinal poison. Him being the son of the president, may know something,"

"Don't question his loyalty, I'm sure he's a loyal soul," I gritted my teeth as I stormed out of the room.

"You can't be sure about that sweetheart," Cheng Cheng called.

"What happened?" Yanjun questioned as I slammed the door.

"Is it true that Xukun is the son of our previous president?"

"Yeah, they were quite close actually, after Xukun's mother died. Why?" Justin asked.

"Wh-What?" I muttered as I fell onto my knees.

"He-Hey, Valarie, you alright?" Ziyi helped me up.

"He was clo-close to his father?" I whispered.

"Wait. Tell me, all of you, how did Xukun join the competition if his dad is the president? Isn't it you join the competition because your dad did?"

"What? No, you don't join it cause your parents did, you join it because you want to. All of us here joined because we wanted to have a high status in this country. We didn't know that it involved killing. Now we regret it, but we can't back out. And well... for Cheng Cheng and Xukun, I don't know why they joined. They must have known that it involves killing, Xukun being the son of the president at that time and Cheng Cheng being the son of the previous official," Zhangjing explained.

"So... you join the competition with your own will? Bu-But Xukun said... his dad will disown him if he joined..."

"What? No, his dad never wanted him to participate in that show," Linong raised his eyebrows.

"Bu-But..."

"What has he been telling you, Valarie?" Zhengting demanded.

"Lies,"