Class is in session

I'm now at school after the events of last night. I didn't tell Tyler that I saw his mother get killed or that I was there. I left an anonymous 911 call and then I fled to Caroline's House. I'm now in the gymnasium where the school is holding a service for the death of Mayor Lockwood and let me tell you I'm sitting far away from all my friends and sitting on the end in the first row.

The students are lighting candles in glass cups as part of the service. Liz is speaking at a podium in front of the stand.

Sheriff Forbes: Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident.

Tyler: Screw this.

Is what I hear from Tyler and I just feel guilty.

Caroline: What? Tyler? Tyler?

I see Tyler stand up and leave the gym. I decide to grow some balls and follow after him and possibly tell him. I pass my candle to a kid next to me and I jog away into the hall way. I see Tyler speed walking so I vamp speed in front of him which causes him to stop.

Tyler: Just leave me alone.

I shake my head: We promised to be there for each other from the beginning Ty I'm not giving up now and neither are you okay.

He nods: I just need my space for right now just like you did remember.

I remember when I left for Chicago to go find myself after my parents drove off the bridge.

I nod and try and smile: Yeah go ahead, call me if you need anything okay.

He nods and walks past me fast and out the door. I sigh and turn around and see April Young.

I smile: Hey April.

She glares: Hey liar.

I give her a look and a laugh: What the hell did I lie about.

April: You being a vampire.

I give her another look: And who told you that lie.

I did except it isn't a lie it's the truth.

I turn around and see Rebekah.

I glare: Really why would you tell her that.

Rebekah: She needs to know the truth. I called Stefan he's in the library now along with Caroline and your sister. I was about to snap your neck but I actually like having you as a friend since you forgave me and all.

She grabs me roughly and walks me down the hall going to the library.

Angel: Why are you doing this.

She looks at me: Stefan hurt me and plus I want the truth to come out and when I say truth I mean the truth. They are compelled but I won't compel you. Just answer honestly and we are good.

I roll my eyes: And if I don't.

Her grips tightened causing me to wince: Then I'll just have to force it out of you, now wouldn't I.

She says this as she pushes me into the library.

<<<>>>

I'm now sitting on a chair across from Stefan with Elena on my left and Caroline on my right.

Rebekah: Class is in session. You've all been compelled besides Angel here, you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learnt, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?