The British are coming?!

Thomas POV

I walked back to my tent with a stupid grin on my face, holding my cheek where she'd given me a kiss.

As I enter one of the men were there. Alexander. Fucking. Hamilton. My smile instantly faded at his sight as my eyes flared sharply into him. He set down my quill as he was examining it for some reason. "So, you and Lt. Colonel L/n?" He murmured quizzically. "What do you want Hamilton?" I folded my arms. "I just wanted to warn you away from her. She's trouble-" I cut him off before he could finish though. "You're a liar, you're just jealous you can't have y/n for yourself. Grow up Hamilton." He stared in shock at me. "I'm fighting in the war, you're just here to 'write and essay' on it..." he smirked. "I-" I was cut off my Y/n running in frantically, she had her suit on; showing her rank. "The Redcoats are here!"

She ran back out as she leapt upon a rock calling to the men. "The code word is Rochambeau, you dig me?" She yelled. "Rochambeau!" The men replied. "You have your orders now go man, go!" She ordered. Washington stepped out and called 'Rochambeau' and the men dispersed as they grabbed their guns.

Y/n POV

I dove for my gun as a redcoat fires at me, causing me to slip a bit and hit my chin on a smaller rock. Ouch that hurt. I grabbed my gun and quickly shifted onto my back and shot the redcoat at lunging for me, I hit him right in the chest. He stopped midair and collapsed onto me. I grinned and gathered all of my strength to lift his limp body off of mine. I heard loud screaming and ran into battle, I noticed Thomas from the corner of my eye, collapsed on the ground. I was punched in the face by a British solider, I growled and punched him back repeatedly until he was knocked unconscious.

Scrambling away, I'd shove soldiers aside and quickly got into my knees next to Thomas. He smiled at the sight of me and weakly put his hand to my cheek as he wiped away a tear that had escaped. "It'll be alright.." he whispered, coughing up what he didn't realize, was blood. "Shh, I know I know, shh.." I soothed. I lifted my head, blood streamed from a small cut I'd gotten when fighting the redcoat, looking around and saw the British fleeing. "Get the medic!" I yelled the order to a solider who was approaching, he nodded and ran off. I grabbed Thomas' hand that was holding my cheek as I cried a bit, staring at him helplessly.

:-: :-:

Thomas POV

I opened my eyes and looked around, I didn't know where I was until I saw Y/n in the corner, putting a bandage on her arm. She noticed in the mirror that I stirred, turning swiftly to face me. She let out a small, but grateful, laugh. "Thomas... You're okay." She ran up to me and embraced me. I smiled and hugged back. "It'll take more then a bullet to get me down." I chuckled. Her shoulders bounced so I assumed she gave a giggle at that.

~*Time Skip Yeet*~

It's been a week and she still won't let me do anything. Ugh. She's been acting like an overprotective mother! I sat up on my cot and lifted my legs over the edge. "Is there anything I can help you with?" Y/n asked softly. "You to stop being so overprotective?" I grumbled. She giggled. "Can I go and get breakfast, mom?" I asked jokingly. "Yes Thomas, you can." She smiled. "But all week you've—Wait. I can?" I was dumbfounded and surprised. "Of course. I was only doing it so you'd get messed with by the boys, and it seems my plan worked." She grinned smugly as she turned to face me. "You... you dirty little rat." I growled. All she did was walk over, cup my cheeks and give my forehead a kiss. "Fine. You're forgiven." I smirked. I got up and left the tent for breakfast.