As What Happened Next

Dear Rory,

If you read this...

When your world falls apart

You do everything you can

To get back on the chart

And you can plan

Everything perfectly

But when your world is a mess

You'll work worthlessly

All you can do is try your best

Push through your doubt

Wipe away your tears

Pray to god it works out

As your mind leaks with fears

It'd been awhile since I had the chance to write. It felt nice, even though it wasn't my best work. I wanted to just relax, write, and play with the fetus rodents for a the rest of the day, but that wasn't an option. It wouldn't be long until the cops where after me. I hoped the casket was destroyed in the fire. If that was the case, I might just be sent to a psychiatrist or something.

But if they realized the body was missing, I was in deep shit.

Being baker-acted wouldn't be too terrible, I don't think. But I wouldn't be able to work on getting Rory back. (Which I still had no clue how to do, I only had a bottle of pills.)

I thought maybe if I could get Rory's ghost to stay with me long enough, he could give me instructions on what to do.

"Rory!" I called, "I need you! Hurry!" Nothing.

"The cops are coming after me, Rory. Please help."

"Here! I'm here, sorry."

I turned around to see Rory, who was somehow covered in sequence and black paint.

"What on earth?" I stood in a mixture or awe and confusion.

"I had a hard time coming here. You ready?" He smiled. Sometimes, you just don't ask with Rory.

"Where are we going?"

"To our future. Look Theo, I know I've screwed up before. But I want to be with you. I don't want to leave you on your own. Please come with me." He held out his hand. I knew if I grabbed it, he'd disappear, so I just mirrored his hand with mine. He grinned. "Do you have the pill bottle?"

"Right here," I said, pulling it off my desk.

"Perfect! We need a mixture."

"Of what?"

"Pills, water, and blood."

"Where am I supposed to get blood?!" I looked at him.

"Don't look at me! I'm a ghost! You're still living, though."

"You- you want me to fill an empty pill bottle with my own blood?" I stuttered.

"Only half way." He pointed to the knife that was still on my desk from a few weeks ago. My hand was shaking like crazy as reached for it. I placed it steady on my desk and held my wrist directly over it. I touched the blade to the left side of my hand.

"Wait!" Rory stopped me before I could cut. "It has to be up and down." I wanted to ask why, but I was willing to do whatever it took to get him back.

I sat down in my desk chair and placed my elbow on the surface as if I was about to arm wrestle someone, and balanced the bottle against my arm to catch the blood.