↠DREAMER: Part 5 ↠

Kaelyn's Point of View:

I wondered back up the stairs as Taylor sat down and began working on some writing in her library.

I opened the door to my room. There wasn't much to decorate, according to Taylor. We'd be staying here for tonight and tomorrow night. She said this afternoon we could maybe go shopping at some small boutiques, and she didn't want to draw attention to herself.

I checked out the closet. A decent size. I loved the shiny grey bathroom.

 I loved the shiny grey bathroom

I jumped on the bed. It was fluffy and soft, like jumping onto clouds. The TV remote lay on the bedside table.

I hope you enjoy your room! Said a handwritten note on the table. Below it, there was a heart and a -T. I smiled. Taylor was so thoughtful.

I picked up the note and began searching in my suitcase for my journal. I pulled it out quickly, and stuck the note in between the last page and cover carefully.

I take out some clothes, nothing much, just t-shirts. I definitely needed new clothes if I was gonna hang with Taylor on her fashion levels. I took out the picture of my mom, and laid it on my bedside table. I always fell asleep looking at it.

There was a knock on the door, and I looked up to see Taylor.

"Like it?" She asked.

"Like it?" I said. "I love it."

"I'm so glad," she smiled. "So, what do you want for lunch?"

"Uhhh..." I think for a second. "I don't know."

Taylor walked up and sat on the bed beside me. "It's up to you, KK. Mind if I call you that?"

"You can," I smiled. "My mom always called me that."

"I overheard them calling you that at the orphanage," Taylor said. "What's that?"

She pointed to the picture on my table.

"It's my mother and I," I replied. "When I was a baby."

"Mind if I look at it?" She asked. I shook my head, and Taylor picked it up. She examined it closely and carefully.

"You were a cute baby," she laughed.

"I know right," I joked. "What happened."

"Well I think you're still a beautiful girl," Taylor said.

I smiled and looked down. "Thank you."

"Well, it's about 12:30. I think we need to eat somewhere. I can cook or we can go to a restaurant." Taylor shrugged.

"Up to you, I'll eat anything," I laughed.

"You first." Taylor argued playfully.

"Your house." I pulled the card.

Taylor looked at me, her eyebrows knit. "Our house." She said, in a more serious tone.

I thought about it for a minute. "Our house." I agreed.

Taylor smiled. "So whatcha wanna eat?"

"Once again, up to you. It's been an eventful morning, I'm still in shock." I said.

"How about... I know this cute little diner on the outskirts of town." Taylor said. "Let me change first, before we go out."

"Okay," I replied.

"Here," Taylor handed me some dark sunglasses. "Just in case."

I took them.

"I'll get you when I'm ready," Taylor said.

"Okay," I said.

I began looking through my belongings. I rearranged my suitcase. I loved organizing things.

I looked around the room, taking it all in. I looked at my old journal that was falling apart, at my casual clothes, my old pictures, my old suitcase, small overused ukulele, a few crinkled hundred dollar bills, some jewelry. It looked so out of place.

Taylor knocked again, pulling me out of my thoughts abruptly.

I shook my head.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said, and took my journal along.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Oh," I said, looking down at it. "Sorry, it's a habit taking it with me everywhere, I can-"

"It's fine," Taylor laughed. "What is it?"

"Oh," I said again uneasily. "I write songs."

"Are you serious?" Taylor said. "You've got to let me see." I stared blankly at her. "Well, if you want to, I mean," she corrected herself with a half smile.

"Well, I guess, I don't really think they're that good, but..." I shrugged.

"Oh, c'mon, lemme hear one," Taylor said.

I thought for a second. They were all so deeply personal... I made up my mind just to play a melody. I picked up the ukulele and strummed the melody of one.

"Woahh," Taylor said, impressed. "Does it have lyrics yet?"

"Yeahh," I said, trying to close the topic.

Taylor understood. "Well, I'd love to hear some sometime."

"Yeah," I said. "I just randomly get ideas and I have to write them down, so I just, yanno. Bring it everywhere."

"I got it. I've gotten ideas in the airport when my phone is dead and literally ran to the bathroom to get a napkin to write it down or something." Taylor laughed. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Alright. I'm gonna drive, and I'm gonna take my car. I don't normally use it, so it'll draw less attention." Taylor said, and began to walk out of my room into the hallway. I followed her through the house onto the driveway, where off to the side a cherry red Honda Accord was parked. Classy.

The windows were tinted dark.

Taylor was wearing a stylish hat with a coat, and she put on her sunglasses, and pulled back her hair.

"It's like 80 degrees, are you gonna wear that coat?" I asked.

"Here," Taylor handed me a coat too. "I know it isn't comfortable, but."

I took it with one hand. She pressed the unlock button on her car and it beeped. She jumped in the front seat and I jumped in the passengers seat.

"I have to warn you, I'm a terrible driver." Taylor said. "That's another reason why I have Phillip."

"Are security guards not coming?" I asked.

"They draw less attention," she said. "I sure hope we won't need them..."

Taylor turned on the radio and put the car in drive. The radio announcer began saying,

"Taylor Swift yesterday spotted giving her recent ex Harry Styles the evil eye in a hotel lobby while speaking to her friends in Los Angeles," he began. "The 2 singers had a rocky relationship last December and January, and the famous 7 time Grammy winner Taylor Swift appears to hold a grudge against him-"

Taylor punched the button and turned it off flatly. "I hate the media." She said.