↠ DREAMER: Part 9 ↠

Kaelyn's Point of View

Taylor and I played the piano for a half hour until she got a business call and walked out worried.

I continued messing around on the piano. Taylor walked back into the room.

"Apparently we need to head to New York a lot quicker than I thought," Taylor said.

"Why?" I asked.

"My apartment in New York just got broken into," Taylor said. "I don't think they took anything, but we need to go down there for some official stuff and to be honest, I kind of just want to get there, show you how amazing it is, and relax."

"Mini vacation," I said.

"Relaxation, mini vacation, New York touring." Taylor said. "I'll call Todd and Phillip. Scott said I might as well head out."

"Okay," I said. "Sounds fun."

"We'll go shopping once we get to New York," Taylor said. "You don't have to bring all your clothes with you."

"Alright, sounds like a plan. New York seems scary." I said.

"Scary?" Taylor asked, with a slight laugh.

"Well... there's so many people and places." I shrugged.

"Eh," Taylor said. "It's beautiful though. And I'm never going to let anything happen to you, ever. I'm protecting you from now on."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Taylor's Point of View

I pointed a few tricks out to Kaelyn, and for a beginner, she was catching on quick. My phone rang.

"Sorry, it's business, I have to take this," I said, as I saw it was Scott.

"Taylor, there's something you need to know," Scott said quickly. "Well, one, somebody broke into your New York apartment."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"You need to get over there," Scott said. "But... something else."

"What?" I asked.

"They know."

"They know?" I asked.

"About her."

It dawned on me.

"How?" I asked.

"Well there's headlines everywhere about you being spotted with the same girl in 3 different places, pictures and all," Scott said. "Everybody's wondering who she is."

"Oh, great..." I sighed.

"How are you going to tell them?" Scott asked.

"Honestly... a YouTube video maybe? Like a sit down? Or on the worldwide live stream?" I asked.

"Well..." Scott sighed through the phone. I could see him massaging the bridge of his nose  in my mind. "I have no idea." I bet now he's running his hands through his hair and leaning back. Another big sigh.

"Those are just some options, I don't know," I sighed.

"Well if you're going to New York you're obviously going to be spotted together." Scott said.

"I'll wear a wig and glasses and a hat," I said. "They'll never know."

"Okay, well, whatever you choose. Either sounds good, make sure you let me know before you do anything, unlike, you know... today." He sounded annoyed by it. It was my decision.

"Okay, Scott," I bit my tongue.

"Alright, bye Taylor." He said.

I sighed heavily. My house has been broken into. More rumors about me online. I was exasperated, and stressed. I walked back towards the door to the music room and overheard Kaelyn playing Tim McGraw on piano. She'd came a long way. My older stuff was much easier to play than my newer stuff, so I guess I'll start her out on that.

I listen through the door for a moment. Sounds pretty decent. I opened the door. "Apparently we need to head back to New York a lot quicker than I thought," I sighed as I walked in.

"Why?" Kaelyn asked as she looked up from the piano.

My apartment in New York just got broken into," I told her. "I don't think they took anything, but we need to go down there for some official stuff and to be honest, I kind of just want to get there, show you how amazing it is, and relax."

"Mini vacation," She said.

"Relaxation, mini vacation, New York touring." I said. I honestly wasn't worried about the break in, but the press... that was gonna worry me. "I'll call Todd and Phillip. Scott said I might as well head out."

"Okay," KK said. "Sounds fun."

"We'll go shopping once we get to New York," I said. "You don't have to bring all your clothes with you."

"Alright, sounds like a plan. New York seems scary." I said.

"Scary?" I asked.

"Well... there's so many people and places." She shook her head.

"Eh," I said. "It's beautiful though." I remembered the sparkling lights dotting the night skyline. "And I'm never going to let anything happen to you, ever. I'm protecting you from now on."

"Promise?" She asked. Woah.

"Promise." I said.

Woah... it felt good to hear.

Hey guys, so I hope you are enjoying so far, but I just wanted to add in this. Think of all the things Taylor does for us. She works so hard to make good music that we both like, works hard to try to notice her fans, and does fun stuff for us all the time, she hasn't been changed by fame, she has a beautiful personality and is a blessing to the world. She makes us laugh and smile, and makes us happy. The least we could do for her is this.

I say we get Delicate to the top of the charts again, to #1. There are enough of us that if we work hard enough for her we can make it happen and surprise her. All you need to do to help out is this:

The length to the website that features tons of radio stations you can vote on is in my Instagram bio, @wewereinscreaminggcolor

The length to the website that features tons of radio stations you can vote on is in my Instagram bio, @wewereinscreaminggcolor. I know together we can do this, if we all just pitch in a little bit.