Chapter 1

Okay. My first day of school as a high school senior. I think I can handle it. That is, as long as everything goes smoothly. Hopefully I'll be with all my best friends. And by best friends I mean Jackie, Peony, Dash, Flit, and Unicity. Gosh. I hope I have them all! Anyway, back to business. I think I'll check if I have everything for a 27th time. Pencils.. check. Binder... check. Backpack... checked. Essentials... check. Yup! Everything's there! That's me, by the way. Always over prepared. Well, I can't be late for school! I rush out the door and make it to the bus stop. There I meet my friend Dash. All six of us ride the bus since we live so far from school. But hey, we all get to see each other before school starts. It all works out. Even though we live together, it's still exciting to see each other in places other than home. I give Dash and big hug and wait for the bus to arrive. A few seconds later, we climb the stairs and sit down in the right seat in the second row. Our usual place. The next pair to come on the bus is Jackie and Peony. They climb into the seat next to us.

"Hey Jackie! Hi Peony!" I exclaim.

"Hey Twi!" Jackie replies.

"Oh Twi....." Peony says.

"What?"

"Do you want to party?!?!?"

"Uh.... sure Peony, but maybe later. We ARE on our way to school."

"Fine. But after school, GET READY TO PARTY!!!!!!" We all laugh and wait a little longer for the last few people to trickle on. Unicity and Flit eventually grace us with their presences and sit ahead of us.

In unison, we all exclaim, "Hi guys!"

And of course they reply back, "Hi!" We all start talking at once. Typical best friend talk. And of course, we all want to talk about the same thing at the same fine. We are all uncanny at speaking at the same time. Anyway, there are more important things to think about then how much we get along. Such as SCHOOL. And here we are, stopping at the side of the school. We all climb out and race to our typical meeting spot. As usual, Dash wins.

"Hey Dash!" I exclaim.

"Hey!" she replies.

"OK, since we aren't on the bus anymore, GUESS WHAT?!?!?" I could tell by the look on Dash's face that she was thinking 'she COULDN'T have!' But yes, I did. I pulled out the newest book of the Doesaria series,  Doesaria and the Quest For the Golden Tomb. She gapes, and I let her do that for about five seconds, since she looks so funny. Then, I pull out another copy, one that I got just for her.

She squeals and hugs me, yelling, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" From behind, she is pulled away by Peony. Peony envelopes her in a humongous hug. Then, she hugs me. Of course I would hug her back, but my arms are pinned to my sides. So instead I just stand there and wait for the squeezing to be over. Luckily, it ends then.

"Hi!" I hear from behind. I turn around and see Flit walking up. She squeals as Peony gives her a hug too. Just then, Jackie arrives. And, of course, Peony gives her a signature hug. But being Jackie, she doesn't mind.

Then, I hear an, "Oh!" I know that voice anywhere, and that anywhere is from Unicity. She rushes up and grabs Dash's shirt, pulling out a needle and thread from her backpack. Leave it to Unicity to be prepared for, as she calls it, a fashion crisis. She alters Dash's outfit, and I have to admit, it does look better for the first day of school. Then, she alters the rest of us. Now we all look amazing for the first day of school! First impressions are important, and I'm glad we have Unicity to help us always look our bests. Just then, the bell rings, and we start off towards the building.