Prologue

Deep heavy breaths came from both sides as they powered through the darkened streets, the sky lighting up with the sound of violent roars. The rain fell like bullets hitting the ground with a sudden crack and pouring it's rage upon those running through the earth.

"How did they find us?" One of the boys asked his eyes glowing like the crystal blue waters that's flowed through the oceans. His muscles rippling with every step he took and his chest rising and falling with his ragged breaths. His hair messy and unkempt from months of running from his hunters, it was akin to those who he had left behind and those who ran with him.

"I don't know, but...they got to the Romans and I heard word that the Norse didn't make it either. But the angels were able to take their god factors and are meeting us at the border." The woman who ran side to side with him said. Her periwinkle eyes void of it's once bright properties.

It was now glossed over with tears for the memories of seeing those she had grown close to during the last few months dead. Their bodies battered and thrown aside like they were nothing but rag dolls, she remembered looking at one of the children of the group. Her stomach was teared open and her face contorted in horror and pain showing that she was alive and conscious when they tore through her.

With that she stumbled and almost fell but her comrade was their to steady her and lead her back to where the leader of their group was carrying them. His dark skin stained with mud and blood and his black hair stuck to his bruised face that kept it's stoicism. He had bright purple eyes but like his sister in arms was void of any emotion. The only thing that could be seen is the bloodlust surging through him as he clenched and unclenched his fists and his eyes flashing from it's purple colour to black and then back again.

It was only the three of them who had remained from their group, they knew that the Romans and the Norse were gone but they refused to believe that they were the only Greeks to have survived the attack. It just wasn't possible that after all this time of preparation that they all died in a matter of minutes. But this was solidified when a blonde hair man fell to the ground causing a crater of cave into the earth where he fell right in front of the group.

The woman screamed out in horror and slid down the muddy casm and dropped to her knees lifting his head into her lap. At her sides the boys came to stand resting their hands on her shoulders that were now shaking violently from the inaudible cry that escaped pass her lips. 'It can't be' she whispered to herself knowing that he was the head of their group and therefore one if the strongest.

"They're c-coming Aphie you got to g-go." He coughed though the blood that gargled up his throat. The sound caught their attention and they noticed that he wasn't dead. This made the black hair boy drop down next to her and begin to lift him into his arms but he felt something coarse tough his arm gaining his wavering attention.

He looked at his brother who lay on the floor with blood pouring out of everywhere, places that he should never bleed from. His head was broken in and his body mattered but still he made a smile come to his face before he whispered something and a warmth flowed up the boy's arm causing him to pull back in horror slamming his hand to his mouth in fear of screaming.

"No no noo no!" he shouted right before the life drained from the man on the floor's eyes and he breathed out his last breath. The others looked up at him with tears like an endless river flowing from their eyes as they too realized what he did, he gave up his god factor so that he wouldn't become a burden to them. The only thing that was keeping him alive at that point, then glowing feathers blew off of his body and the body of a little boy appeared whose face was at peace with a gentle smile on his face.

The sky like knowing that it was coming roared just as an arrow flew pass the woman's face cutting a few strands of hair that fell when her head was bent. They all snapped their head up to see that those they were running from had made it to them. So to respect the wishes of their dead brother they got up and began to run but the black hair boy stopped where he stood and turned to face them.