Chapter 19

I shut my eyes in the fear of the coming future, Javonté was going to die leaving me with no answers. But answers wouldn't matter because I was going to die right after him, a link with the others wasn't able to go through. Whatever this relic was kept any offensive magic at bay so calling for help wasn't going to happen. My hands travels blindly across Cian's face bringing about an image that was beyond vision. Feeling every dip and crease in his sculpted face was more that just looking upon it. I could hear Javonté holding his own against the shadow wolves as much as he could, at the same time Cian lifted his hand to hold mine against his cheek.

I peeped through my formerly sealed eyelids to see him peering up at me with his entrancing green eyes. Without even thinking I closed the space between us and clasped my lips to his, if I was going to die I would at least enjoy the last few seconds. Our lips molded into each other perfectly as Cian took control, his tongue grazed against my bottom lips begging for permission. And without much thought or hesitation I opened my mouth to let his tongue explore mine as they danced in a deadly rhythm. It was like we were gone from the world and it was just the heat from the fire of desperation that burnt around us.

But as time went on and the shadows didn't come nor did Cian move any further I opened my eyes to see that he was looking pale. My eyes glowed more than ever before and the circle around us with it's demonic relic was destroyed. We sat in the midst of a frozen world, Javonté had the claw of a shadow pierced through his stomach while the others were thrown back by whatever force broke the circle around us. At the ends of the room were everyone from the factor group, like everything around me they too were frozen. They stood in the full form of their gods each with a weapon ready to fight but not taking a single step.

The air around me was thick and the buzz in my ear deafening, I looked behind me to see my wings were out and my white hair flowing graciously down my shoulders. Then Cian made a noise of pain and discomfort, I looked down to see where my hands made contact with him had his dark grey magic flowing into my palms and turning orange before entering my veins. Opening my eyes on horror I tore my hands away from him causing his back to arc and a wave of both our magic to be thrown over everyone. At impact they took a deep breathe in or hissed in the case of the shadows, and looked at me. They were all confused just like me but none took a step towards me to aid in my desperation, Zeus took a step forward but was stopped by Athena who nudged her head in my direction. His eyes moved from Cian to me in which he took a shocking step back.

"What's wrong?" I asked making my head explode with pain. I couldn't even hear the words that escaped my lips it was just noise that hammered into my head. I hissed in pain and clamped my eyes shut while pressing my palms against my forehead.

No one came to help me, no one cared that Cian was losing energy as we stood around. Then I remembered Javonté on the floor bleeding out from the attack of the shadow wolves. I flung my eyes open and looked for the vile creatures making note of where each and every one of them stood. And like a killing machine my body jolted forward and began sending blasts of massive energy into them causing them to explode. When I got to the last one I held it by its neck and rose it up into the air letting my words bellow around us.

"Tell your master that we are stronger than one man or a dozen shadows." I said before causing it to erupt in my arms.

Then Azrael took control of my body which only happened when I could no longer understand or control the magic building in me. He sat on the floor and let our wings extend and allow the tips of the feathers to graze the ground, then energy started to release like a pressure cooker. It was slow and steady making a casting circle around me with my symbol of the skull that had flowers coming out of it appear under me. The symbol and circle lit up bright orange and I blanked out right after feeling all the magic that I had built up fly out of me like a train.