Chapter 5

My eyes flew open and my body went into a fit of fright making me fall off my chair knocking Chloe down with me. Not wanting to be near either one of them I scrabbled off of her and pushed myself up against a wall feeling like my heart was about to break my chest open and fall out.

"It's okay, breath Levi breathe," Chloe said stooping down to where I was sitting, "We know it's a lot to take in but you need to breathe you're having a panic attack."

A panic attack? More like I was going to have a seizure, everything was blurry and to even take in a breath felt like I was shoving a metal rod down my throat. My head was light and my body felt like it was becoming numb and gelatinized, but Chloe's eyes lit up a deep blue colour and I felt myself becoming calm the same type I felt when they were about to do whatever they did.

What even was that, what was going on? How was her eyes a different colour and glowing, and how did he make me see what I saw? It was like I was the person in that dream, vision? I wasn't sure what it was but I saw those things through his eyes. I felt the pain he experienced and did the things he did, and from what I could understand from what Aaron said and what the vision showed me. The person I was seeing though was Zeus, Aaron's 'god factor?', none of this made any sense.

Magic was just a slide of hand and a cheap trick to fool someone into believing you did something spectacular. Gods didn't exist and humans definitely didn't have a god living in them, none of it could possibly be true. But examining what I just experienced and seeing what was going on right now I had to believe it, there was not a single explanation that could ever truly meet all the criteria to make any of that make sense.

"Good now that you are calm I need you to talk to us, let us know what's going through your mind. You must be very confused and might want to act upon irrational thoughts but by showing you what I did I unlocked the subconscious god factor in you, so you will attract attention from unwanted entities." Aaron said with the most serious face he could muster.

"What are you talking about?!" I shouted getting up and finding comfortable space between us. Though I do like these guys, I don't know them very much or at all now. So I didn't want to be close to them at present, I knew my face was pale and I had the most confused expression on right now.

"We have reason to believe that you are holding a key god factor in you that a lot of people would want to get their hands on. We're not sure which one but you would manifest them very soon and we need to be here to ensure that you are safe and those around you are as well " Aaron explained.

I am one of whatever he was, I had one of those god factor things inside of me? How did things go from zero to a hundred so quickly? Just a few moments ago my life was me being dead inside because my parents died leaving me to deal with a self absorbed and malicious family. Everyone my age who found out who I was and the amount of money I owned wanted to be my friend to get charity.

Then a boy sees me naked and I gain revenge on him by making him my personal butler, which he hardly did anything for me as yet. He stands up to a bitch whose boyfriend confronts me and I beat the living shit out of him and his friends, later accompanied by Aaron and this Chloe chick.

And now they show me a flashback of a terrible past with gruesome deaths. Explain that they have this thing called a god factor that gives them magic and now I have one as well. Somehow mines turned out to be special and people that are nowhere to be found will come after me for it. So they are here to protect me and normal humans, that's... what's taking place?

"This is one elaborate and well planed trick Aaron and good job Chloe I can see we'll be great friends, but right now I'm late for class bye." I said laughing awkwardly and running for it.