Chapter 4

"They were just a group of jerks trying to keep their precious princess' reputation safe." Chloe said taking a large bite of a dumpling, physically it didn't make sense how she could do that.

Even though she was right and I technically was defending myself, I knew that I was a lot more skilled than them. I could have seriously injured them or even killed someone, I had lost my appetite, so Chloe was now eating what I had brought. Aaron was acting as overprotective as usual which I had learnt from the time we spent together. I just stayed quiet looking at my hands thinking about it all.

"I could've killed them." I said under my breath not trusting myself not to break, the very thought made me shudder.

"Oh honey no you..." Chloe said right before being cut off by Aaron.

"Yes you could have," he said making me look up to see Chloe tap him upside the head.

He turned to look at her with an annoyed face which soon changed to concern and serious, it then went on like they were having a telepathic conversation with how their faces changed. Chloe finally sighed and stuffed another dumpling in her mouth and rest the bowl aside turning to me while Aaron began to speak again.

"You could have killed them," he said making Chloe hit him again which he huffed at and she simply chuckled before getting serious, "What we are going to tell you, well more like show you might freak you out so I want you to be as open to anything as possible."

His tone and their expressions were so serious that it made me uneasy. It was like looking at two absolutely difference people that were like trained in the military. Their faces were hard as stone and their gaze like lionesses fixed and unmoving. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably but felt Chloe's hands rest gently on my shoulders, somehow she made it behind me without my knowing. Her touch itself began to relax me and I felt like their gaze was more urgent that cold and judging.

"I'll be showing you what my factor remembers since I survived longer than Chloe's." He said making me confused but I didn't have the time to focus on that.

His dark blue eyes became lighter almost glowing, it reminded me of the sky vast and unending. It was like I was being pulled into it but I wasn't afraid, I was fully aware of my surroundings but entranced by what he was doing right before it felt like I fell and woke up somewhere else.

A large explosion went off and we all woke up with a sudden fright, the children huddled close to Athena and Artemis who were now fully awake and in their god factor forms. We were significantly weakened due to lack of resources and what seemed to be a spell casted over the village while we slept.

It prevented us from being able to use the full extent of our magic but we knew a lot more than magic to fight against this threat. Being the leader of my house I immediately sent word to the others establishing a link and exchanging information from the other leaders.

"Is everyone okay? We just heard the explosion, everyone here in the Greek region is awake and in the factor forms." I sent through the telepathic link.

"We've lost all connection to the Roman house and the angels are fighting at this moment. We believe that it was an attack from Mars that caused the explosion but we are losing over here, three of our scouts are down." Odin the head of the Norse house sent to me.

Shit, this wasn't good, we were cornered and didn't see this attack coming. I began giving orders for us to set a barricade and send the children underground, Artemis and Athena became very close with the children so it was best for then to protect them and lead them. The rest of us took the defence of the building that we were staying in.