Fighter 5

I.M's Point of View

I sat in the hallway of an abandoned house, surrounded by a pile of teddy bears I'd worked myself into. I had my knees pulled up, a teddy bear in my lap. I stared at the water in the concrete ditch in front of me, right in the middle of the hallway. It continued as far as I could see down both hallways. I sat near the corner where the two hallways met, so I could see down both of them.

I picked up the white gameboy from among the pile of teddy bears, thinking how cool it was that it lit up like my favorite teddy bear. The teddy bear was pink and also had lights in it.

I turned the gameboy on and found that there was already a game in it and started, so I couldn't see what the game was called. I was this bear in the game, running around and eating flowers to get magic powers and defeating evil men who tried to kill me with guns and cannons. I eventually beat the game, not losing a single life. I always loved videogames.

I felt around in the pile of teddy bears and found other games to play. I played all of them, beating them with nearly perfect scores. This was so much fun, I wanted to stay here forever. But then I ran out of games.

I sighed and stood up, keeping the pink light up teddy bear close to me. I could see something down the hall in front of me, something lighting up. I walked towards it and saw that it was a bike with a basket, gold tassels, and led lights along the steering column and the wheels. I put the bear in the basket and looked back longingly on all the other teddys I was leaving behind.

I sighed and climbed onto the bike. I started pedaling, biking through random painted hallways. I was in an area painted like a gravel road lined with trees when I met up with two other guys on bikes like mine. One had pink tassels and a basket with a lid on his bike and the other had blue tassels. We shouted to each other and introduced ourselves without stopping our biking.

We eventually came to the end of the hallway. There was a door with Rose pink glass and a big black x spray painted over the glass. I got off my bike and kept my hands on the handlebars to guide it while I walked. The other two followed my lead as I opened the door.

The door led into a large workshop space. We leaned our bikes against the wall and I grabbed my teddy and pressed close to my chest while the guy with the pink tassels that matched his hair grabbed loads of blue flowers out of his basket. The other guy stood kind of awkwardly to the side.

I heard someone jogging towards us and I had an urge to hide that I ignored, instead holding the bear closer. A guy wearing a black and white jacket zipped all the way up came into view.

"Hey guys! Glad you made it in time. Kihyun, give all those flowers to Jooheon. Take all the lights off those bikes and then follow me when you're done," he said to us. I didn't know he knew he other two guys, and they didn't either apparently because I heard them muttering how he was probably a stalker as neither of them had ever met that guy in their life. They were sure they would have remembered meeting a guy with white and blue hair.

I quickly stripped the lights from my bike and told the others to follow him already because they were taking forever with their lights and would probably only break them. I quickly finished with the lights and walked in the direction the jacket guy had, arms full of led lights and my teddy.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw the arcade machine. I'd seen loads of those when I was younger. A gigantic smile almost broke my face in half as I walked closer hurriedly. I hoped I was going to get to play this game, whatever it was.

I helped the guy attach the lights to the machine, using them to connect the controllers and the other two machines to the arcade machine. Jooheon was putting the blue flowers into one and Kihyun was flipping switches on the other. Blue liquid was pouring into a red gas can from Jooheon's machine.

We had the lights all connected, Jooheon's machine was finished with its flower juicing, and Kihyun had all the lever figured out. The jacket guy handed me a controller that said Property of Wonho and grabbed the other one and held it in his hands. I assumed he was Wonho. Jooheon took the full gas can and poured the blue liquid into a funnel on the machine and Kihyun flipped some levers. The screen flashed blue and white for about three seconds before a game started up. I smiled; this was one I had played and only lost one point on. I planned to get a perfect score this time.

I smashed buttons and honestly probably broke the controller by the time I was done. The teddy fell to the floor while I was playing. I smiled broadly when the game was finished and the score screen came up. A perfect score was displayed. I turned to high five Wonho, but he wasn't next to me anymore.

I closed my eyes and reopened them on a thin bed in a white hospital room. I sat up and looked around. Kihyun and Wonho were on beds to either side of me. Jooheon was nowhere to be seen.

Kihyun and Wonho sat up and rubbed their eyes. They didn't know where Jooheon was either. We shrugged and opened the door to the hospital room. There was a guy outside our door. He jumped and looked dumbfounded.

"I just opened that door. No one was in there," he muttered. "Oh, I'm Shownu by the way."

"Hi. I'm I.M, the pink haired guy is Kihyun, and the other one is Wonho. Have you seen a guy with black hair by chance? He was with us before, but he wasn't in the room when we woke up," I asked the Shownu guy.

He shook his head. "I haven't seen anyone else since I got out of my room. Where were you guys before? I was in a prison cell and then a fight ring. Oh, I.M. You know your father died in the fire right? The one caused when Jooheon burned City Hall because he found out your father was abusing you? You don't have to worry about him anymore. Do you know if Hyungwon survived? I got arrested before I could pay for his treatment," he said. I looked at him in confusion. I didn't have a father.

"Shownu, I've never met you in my life, Jooheon couldn't possibly have burned anything because I don't have a father to abuse me, and I don't know this Hyungwon guy," I told him. He looked puzzled. Then understanding dawned on his face.

"Oh. I had dreams in the prison cell. Those must have been fake, along with the memories I thought were real. Strange. Anyways, let's go try to find Minhyuk and Hyungwon. I know they are real people for sure, just not what they are like or where they are," he said. I nodded and started walking.

We walked for quite a while before coming upon a door cracked open. There were happy voices coming from inside. I pushed the door open and saw two guys with dark hair sitting on opposite beds, chatting about random things. They both looked at the door when I opened it, and the one that looked taller smiled widely.

"Hello, nice to finally see someone other than Doctor Honey and the guards. I'm Hyungwon, and the guy on the other bed in Minhyuk. Are you ready to get out of this hospital," the guy asked cheerily.