26. Article

Evelyn Somerhalder announces engagement to Christopher Wood with a snap of her ring on Instagram: 'Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that's loved by you'

Evelyn Somerhalder and Christopher Wood are engaged!

The Supergirl star shared the news of her engagement to co- star and boyfriend Christopher Wood on instagram by sharing a snap of her and Chris where it shows Evelyn smiling más Chris kissing her cheek.

"Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that's loved by you", she captioned the photo

The 29 year old actor posted a picture of Evelyn from a photo shoot captioning the snap "This girl is my fiancée #lucky #blessed #loveher"

Somerhalder recently opened up about her romance with Wood, which includes a whole lot of dancing.

"He wants to dance so bad and literally wants me to teach him every single day so while we're cooking in the kitchen we'll be dancing around with music playing," she said in the December issue of The New York Post.

"I have an obsession with table decorations so I always have placemats and a candle lit and flowers just to make the mood like a date," she added. "And then we'll have dinner and just chill - sometimes we'll watch a movie or keep dancing."

The 27-year-old actress was married to former Glee co-cast Blake Jenner in 2015 before ending the relationship just after being married for less than two years.

"There was nothing right," she said in the August 2016 issue of Vogue magazine.

"I had one foot out because I didn't want to get hurt," she revealed. "And I didn't say what was on my mind because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I needed to be perfect."

Somerhalder added, "Now I'm not holding anything back, because I'd rather get my heart broken than never know what it is to be completely, madly in love."

After mending her broken heart, the "Supergirl" star has apparently found her perfect match in Wood.

They met when they were kids and quickly their romance blossomed after working on two different shows together, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and SUPERGIRL.

"She's an incredible person both inside and out  and that's one of the many things that drew me to her from the very beginning when we were kids and that affection grew into something that we were both ready to take a chance in." Chris said in an interview a few weeks ago.

A rep for Somerhalder did not immediately respond to the Daily News' request for comment.