155. Article

Evelyn Somerhalder And Christopher Wood Celebrate Wedding Anniversary With Touching Notes

The couple shared wedding pictures to celebrate their one year of marriage.

If these two don't make you want to hold your significant other a little closer, then you truly might be a vampire.

"Vampire Diaries" costars Evelyn Somerhalder and Chris Wood took to Instagram on Wednesday to celebrate their one year wedding anniversary. The pair each posted sweet notes and photos, sharing their love with each other and their fans.

Wood, 30, posted a close-up shot of himself and Somerhalder on their big day, writing, "True relationships are a bumpy ride, full of difficulties. They are a journey, rife with tough times and bad days; never perfect. But despite all the flaws, fights and arguments, true relationships stand out as one of the most beautiful, amazing and innocent things life ever offers. There has never been nothing like it, and never will be. Thanks for giving me mine, Happy Anniversary, my Love!"

Somerhalder, 29, wrote an equally beautiful message to her husband, calling him her "sweetheart"

Alongside the same image that Chris posted on his own Instagram, she wrote, "Happy 1 year anniversary, my sweetheart! During this year, the love we shared, the laugh we had together and all the time we spent with each other were the best moments for me and I wish this will never end. Thanks for loving me unconditionally and making me what I'm today. Love you a lot and wish to spend the rest of my life with you ❤️."

Somerhalder and Wood tied the knot on January 7th, 2018, during a sunset ceremony in Rapides Parish,Louisiana. They began dating shortly after Somerhalder split with her first husband, Blake Jenner, and Wood ended his relationship with "Confinement" co-star Hannah. The couple got engaged in May 2017, and the rest is a lovely, romantic history.

Congratulations to the happy couple on their anniversary and we here at HuffPost wish you both an endless amount of happiness and a life filled with love and joys.