Chapter 22: Getting Ready

The day before the dance arrived. Every day before it I have had to wear no makeup and my hair down. Every day comes with at least 50 guys asking me to the dance, 100 glares at Alex a day, and 10 fights between Isabelle and Destin a day. They used to get along so well. Isabelle had promised to still take me dress shopping, but if Destin hasn't apoligized by then for whatever he did this time, she will only be buying me a dress.

After class (which, thanks to my bum leg) I am getting all A's in, Isabelle steers me to her car and drives off towared town. We enter Edin's Boutique and head towards the dresses. Apparently, the dance is formal. Yay. Not really. That means possibly tripping over heels every two seconds.

"So since you can't wear heels because of your hurt leg, the dress should be long. That way it'll cover the back of your shoes. We will get you some nice flats. Now, what color dress do you want?"

"Aqua." I say. Score! No heels.

"Okay." She walks over to the aqua colored dresses. "So how's it going with Alex?" Isabelle asks looking through the dresses.

"Isa! It's going so great. I love spending time with him. He respects me. He is just so perfect. I really like him." I reply.

"That's great to hear." She says lousily.

"What's wrong Isa?" I ask.

"It's Destin. Something's up. But he just won't talk to me about it!" Isabelle literally screeches

"Oh. In that case, speaking from experience, I think the only thing to do is to wait and see what happens. Because guys are their own people, however dumb." I say in a soothing tone of voice.

"Yeah, well. He better choose me because otherwise his life is going to be a living hell." Isabelle states. With that she goes back to yanking through the aqua dresses.

This is going to be a long shopping trip.

***

Finally, after a while of looking for dresses, I find the perfect one. It's a blue strapless, flowing dress, with rhinestones bordering the top. The dress is absolutely beautiful. Isabelle, on the other hand, picked a long, one-sleeve, hot pink dress, with a black belt. It was above amazing!

We get back to my room and change into our gowns. Then we do our hair and makeup. Isabelle does my make up in a nude tone, nothing to flashy. Then she pulls my hair into a tight bun. My look is very simple. But, Isabelle's look is just like her: girly. I do her makeup in a bubble gum pink shade and decide to let her black locks down.

To be continued...