Trevor

Trevor ignited his blue lightsword when he heard the bushes rustling, hoping it wasn't a Silver Hawk stalking him, but it was Illyria that came out of the brush. They both traded looks of relief.

"What are you doing out here?" she asked. "I was looking for you for hours."

"Yeah, sorry," said Trevor. "I felt something down here, but it turned out to be a dud. It was nothing."

"It was a decoy, stupid," Illyria scolded, then she pointed to the direction of the jungle village, to columns of smoke rising from it.

"Come on," said Trevor, and they ran through the jungle. They arrived at the village to every one of the buildings ablaze, and Reavers dancing in between the bonfires. Every one of them was holding the severed head of a villager and raising it into the air, chanting a language that neither Trevor or Illyria recognized.

"These damn savages," Trevor cursed, igniting his lightsword. "Hey!" The Reavers all turned to face them and raised their glass weapons, but before they could charge at them, they all suddenly collapsed, with arrows sticking out of their foreheads between their eyes.

"What?" Illyria gasped. They turned around to the Jungle Epsilon Prince, Nyatar, emerging from the jungle, holding his bow at his side.

"Where is my sister?" he demanded. Trevor and Illyria both shared concerned looks.

"I don't know," Trevor answered.

"Really?" asked Nyatar. "She's been tracking you ever since you escaped my father's kingdom."

"We didn't know that," Illyria assured. "We've been trying to get away from you both."

"No offense, but you've been doing a sloppy job," said Nyatar.

"Yes, thank you," snapped Trevor. "Now, why is your sister looking for us?"

"Because unlike my father, she cares about the well-being of this country as a whole," Nyatar answered. "And probably the world."

"What do you mean?" asked Trevor.

"Look, I'll explain soon enough, but can you help me find my sister?" Nyatar begged.

"Where would she have gone?" Illyria asked.

"Right behind you," said Nyatar, and they turned around, relieved by the sight of Julien, Arthur, and Naevys.

"Sister," Nyatar sighed, and he threw his arms around Naevys.

"I was wondering when you would catch up," Naevys teased, letting go of her brother.

"Naevys, what are you doing out here?" Nyatar asked.

"For him," said Naevys, looking to Trevor. Everyone else then looked to Trevor.

What's so important about me? he wondered.

"Yeah, turns out the survival of Aetherian depends on whether you live or die," Julien spoke up.

"What are you talking about?" Trevor asked.

"You didn't know?" said Naevys. "Trevor, your bloodline sitting on the Dragon Throne is the reason the Dragon of the Abyss has been sealed under the Ivory Tower for so long." Trevor had trouble grasping the idea, but it made sense after he thought about it for a bit. For ten thousand years, House Karvine ruled Aetherian, and Kidar had yet to reveal himself, but now that Robar Busch rules, a darkness has revealed itself under the Ivory Tower. Of course, since King Robar refuses to believe that any of the black dragons are alive, he might do nothing to stop their return since he's more concerned with Valeria.