Trevor

It wasn't surprising that Trevor would be sent away when it was suspected that he would commit treason when he had the chance, but he could not believe what was happening. Trevor wanted to stay in Mistral to say goodbye to Belle and Melody, but he wouldn't have a lot of time to do so. There was always the chance that a King's man might decide to make sure Trevor had no chance to commit whatever crime King Robar suspected he would.

Good luck with that. Illyria could probably hear what he was thinking, but she didn't say anything. Maybe Trevor could go south to Dragonbarrow and meet with his mother and Blake. He would give anything to see both of them again, but the dragons under Mistral weren't something to be left alone. If King Robar would even believe that black dragons were under his nose after ten thousand years, Trevor doubted that he would even care.

"Where will you go?" Illyria asked.

"I was thinking of going to Dragonbarrow," said Trevor.

"To your mother?" Illyria asked. "I thought you were going to say Snowfall."

"I don't know," Trevor admitted. "Karlon might be a friend, but he's loyal to the King. I can't risk that he'll hand me over to him. You could take me to Valeria, couldn't you?"

"She's your sister, so yeah," Illyria answered.

"Who I've never met, and who's never met me," said Trevor. "And who's across the world, out of my jurisdiction. Even if she's my sister, I'm still a Guardian, still meant to defend Zenartha from every threat to it, and the biggest threat to it is in Aetherian."

"Trevor, I was with you in the catacombs," Illyria reminded. "I saw what was in the darkness with you and Melody. This threat you're talking about isn't just in Aetherian, it's under the Ivory Tower."

"I know," said Trevor.

"Then how can you leave?" Illyria demanded.

"If I stay, I'll die, Illyria!" Trevor shouted, and he immediately regretted yelling. "Sorry. The so-called 'King' still has Dragon Knights loyal to him, not to mention Prince Roderick, Darien, Damien, Arry, and the rest of the Dragon Guard."

"You don't think you stand a chance?" said Illyria.

"I know I don't," Trevor assured. "Besides, there's not much I can do about the dragons. There's not much anyone can do about them, actually, other than to just keep them locked up where they are."

"Are you sure about that?" Illyria asked.

"We almost died getting down there," Trevor reminded. "We were lucky to get out. As long as those dragons are where they are, they're not a threat. They've had ten thousand years and they were still down there, and the only one who can get down there in the first place is me. There's nothing to worry about."

"Right," Illyria agreed. Before she could say anything, there was a knock on Trevor's door.

"Come in," said Trevor, with his hand on his lightsword. Belle and Melody came through the door with Commander Vestarr and Prince Roderick.

"Where are you going?" asked the Commander.

"South," Trevor answered.

"How far south?" asked Vestarr.

"About a thousand miles," said Trevor. "Melody, did you tell him what we saw in the catacombs?"

"She did," Commander Vestarr answered.

"We brought it up to the King, and he laughed," Melody added.

"Of course he did," said Trevor.